shape
carat
color
clarity

DIamond Novice -> Looking for feedback

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bear

Rough_Rock
I am considering buying the following stone, but I would like some feedback on the quality of the stone and also if it is fairly priced. The particulars are;

Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.44-6.49 x 3.98
Weight: 1.02 carat
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symetry: Very Good
Clarity: VS1
Color: H
Flourescence: None
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

What does the additional clouds not shown mean? Is this bad? Do these proportions make it an ideal cut? Would this be considered a pretty nice diamond? What should a diamond like this cost? Are there any other things that I should look out for?

While l am at it, how would I go about locating a fairly priced reputable source for diamonds? I have recently discovered that the jeweler I have been using for years has been over charging me significantly, and I would like to avoid that in the future.

Thanks.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
What city are you located? Maybe another local can recommend a good B&M. Otherwise, there''s always the internet.

Bear

Rough_Rock
I am in Minneapolis, MN.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The table and depth are in the range, but a true Ideal would have GIA Ex/Ex or AGS Id/Id instead of the VG/VG posted here. Doesn''t mean this diamond isn''t a sparkler. You''ll need to post crown and pavillion information for more in depth opinions. Peferably angles from a Sarin.

Additional clouds not shown generally isn''t a worry. Clouds are clusters of submicroscopic pinpoints. If the grader drew them on the plot, the average buyer would be terrified to buy the diamond. Most times the "additional clouds" are not seen with the naked eye. In this case, with a VS1, sounds like you won''t have anything to worry about.
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
An easy way to get a rough feel for price competitiveness is to do a search on the tool bar above. I ran a quick search for this size stone in G-H, VS1 - VS2 clarity and found prices in the $6000 - $7000 with a few exceptions. Doing some searches on various recommended vendors'' web sites is a good way to find a stone to meet your criteria if you are interested in buying from the internet. Here is an example of one that has potential to be a real beauty: DCD G/SI1 ideal cut. I don''t know if you want to go lower in clarity, butif you shop carefully to make sure the stone is eye clean, you can easily go down to SI1 and someties si2 without impacting the beauty of the stone at all. Cut and color matter more than clarity in my opinion. (I''ve purchased from DCD, which is why I started there...)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results