shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond huggies for pearl drops

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1441380908|3923578 said:
I'm thinking these. They are pricey, but there is an additional 10% off sale going on now. Anyone have any thoughts?

http://www.peoplesjewellers.com/diamond-hoop-earrings-10k-white-gold/product.jsp?productId=13382452

I have to admit that I am also tempted by these, but I think they might be too wide for drops.

http://www.peoplesjewellers.com/dia...10k-white-gold/product.jsp?productId=18582666

Diamonds are I1 and I2- they won't sparkle much and I'm not a fan of 10kt white gold either. I think they're really high priced for the quality

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1441384867|3923598 said:
Diamonds are I1 and I2- they won't sparkle much and I'm not a fan of 10kt white gold either. I think they're really high priced for the quality

I agree. Sadly, Canadian pricing is way higher than US pricing. Because our dollar is so low right now, with shipping and duty I'd need to stay below $400 USD to buy something online for it to end up being the same price. I should spend some time looking in that price range to see what else is out there, though.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
CMD -- I saw those ones before, and I also thought they were not that nice for the price. I myself would prefer fewer diamonds, but better quality, 0.10-0.25 cttw but nicely sparkly. For reference, the ones Whiteflash used to carry were like that -- 0.14 cttw with 18K gold (I think it was 18, but it might have been 14K) -- and they were selling them for US$350. Which tells me unless you want more diamonds, you should be able to find something at similar pricing.

The PP ones (currently out of stock) were a similar price.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
CMD, I sent you a PM at the other place.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I had a couple of discussions about small diamond huggies for some gemstone drops, and I thought they might be helpful so am referencing them here. On the first link, second page, there is an image of someone from Purseforum who has the Kiki huggies. She said they were very sparkly indeed.

My A.Link huggies are 1mm wide and they are 14k not 18k - I was misinformed.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/detachable-gem-drops-with-diamond-hoops.213211/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/detachable-gem-drops-with-diamond-hoops.213211/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anybody-have-these-whiteflash-hoops.211723/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anybody-have-these-whiteflash-hoops.211723/[/URL]

For myself, I decided not to go the Kiki route as I have spent enough on jewelry and it would be too tempting to then get the Kiki drops. However, I have other Kiki items and they are all exceptionally well-made. I think the Kiki huggies would probably be beautiful.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having earring drops made out of two loose Tahitian pearls that I had from a Pearl Paradise Tahitian necklace, to slide onto my tiny huggies, which I also have in yellow gold. They will have yellow gold hardware, and Pearl Paradise is making them. Can't wait to wear them! I expect they'll look similar to Flygirl's lovely pair, but in yellow. Excited!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love my huggies which I got locally. I am wary of breaking any forum rules here but if you look for the thread I created on the other forum, I've shared more details. It's 0.18 tcw for the huggies n another 0.18 tcw for each pair of accented eyepins.

image_56.jpg

image_57.jpg

image_59.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Icy Jade! Those drops and huggies just look amazing! Your Tahitians are the ultimate color.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently took a chance on these from American Pearl, and I'm really pleased. They are the 0.25 ctw diamond huggies from the American Diamond sister site, paired with their peacock Tahitian drops. These aren't the best pictures.

_34486.jpg

_34487.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Cmd: these are nice! Great find! :appl:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1442670556|3929468 said:
I recently took a chance on these from American Pearl, and I'm really pleased. They are the 0.25 ctw diamond huggies from the American Diamond sister site, paired with their peacock Tahitian drops. These aren't the best pictures.

These look beautiful on you, CMD! :clap: And that's just my impression but to me they look larger than 12.5mm, are your ear lobes on the small side? Do you think you could post a close up of the earrings? I like the drops, too, what size are they? Very pretty.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs,

I think I must have tiny earlobes. These are 12.5 mm and hang lower than I might have gone had I gone custom. The drops are 10mm, and have crazy luster and are blemish free. I ordered the peacock overtone ones. They seem to be a blue-green/green body color with peacock overtones.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some closeups:

_34505.jpg

_34508.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1442698339|3929618 said:
Here are some closeups:

Wow CMD they are gorgeous! Thank you for the close ups. The drops look really beautiful, too! :appl: :appl: :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really pretty CMD. How do you find the diamond quality? Did you upgrade the diamonds or go with the standard ones?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
CMD beautiful huggies and drops. :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered the stock earrings. They are SI1, G color, no info on cut. In person they look good (that dark spot on the one earring in the picture isn't visible IRL - I've been wearing them for days though so they might need a cleaning). They are probably not the same quality as what you would get from a specialty diamond vendor, but they are a step up from what I've seen in stores here.

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty happy with them.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely, CMD. It's a great idea, practical-wise, too. Now I'm thinking about getting some too. :)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CMD, those drops and huggies are to die for. Such classic elegance! You'll outclass everyone in the room with those babies!

I looked everywhere for inexpensive diamond huggies at the carat weight and price of yours, and couldn't find any, so I got the ultra-thin A. Link ones with diamond weight of 0.12 for $170 that I've posted about in SMTB. The American Diamond ones would have suited me perfectly. I wish I'd known about them. Darn!

Enjoy your gorgeous earrings! I think they look even better than Kate's - almost twice the diamond weight and a much more lustrous pearl!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1442713500|3929693 said:
I ordered the stock earrings. They are SI1, G color, no info on cut. In person they look good (that dark spot on the one earring in the picture isn't visible IRL - I've been wearing them for days though so they might need a cleaning). They are probably not the same quality as what you would get from a specialty diamond vendor, but they are a step up from what I've seen in stores here.

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty happy with them.

They look wonderful. Thank you CMD, I ordered mine after you posted close ups... Both yours and Icy's are gorgeous but with my small earlobes I think the American Pearl ones will suit me better. I ordered mine with VS diamonds. Not sure if there will be a discernible difference though, I guess the cut makes more of a difference. I didn't order the drops -- yet.

For the record, Kiki McDonough's have 0.13ctw of VVS diamonds (colour is the same, though).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh shoot, I didn't notice that there was a drop down menu for the diamond clarity when I ordered mine, or I probably would have gone vs too. That said, I can't see any inclusions in mine and they seem sparkly.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Whoops. I never thought I have big lobes... Now I know...

Oh well, more space for bigger studs I guess. :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade,

Your lobes are not big compared with mine, this is how it looks with a 10mm Tahitian stud:

pp_tahitian_studs.jpg

DK :))

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Jambalaya- is there a way to purchase the A.link huggies online?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi pencilcase - you know, I have looked and looked and I can't find them. You might not want them though - they are seriously thin, barely 1mm wide. Personally I think that cmd's are better and a great deal. But I could ask my jeweler for the stock number if you would like? I guess you would contact a local jeweler who would order them for you. It's a pity we can't communicate privately or I would just give you the name of my jeweler, but for security reasons I don't want to give away my location. They are very small but the diamonds are sparkly and the hoops come in yellow, rose, and white gold.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd - you said you would have ordered the VS if you'd seen the drop-down list, but perhaps you could exchange them?

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Jambalaya- Thank You- i have been specifically looking for very thin width studs as I have pearl drops from PP with the tiny eye hooks. Ive been using 18ct gold thin hoops for now. I did see a couple on etsy with 1mm -1.5mm width, so perhaps i will get a pair and report back. Thank you for letting me know though!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pencilcase, if your eye hooks are that tiny, the Link hoops may not work because although they are 1mm wide, there is a funny tag thing on the back that is about 2.5mm and the eye hooks would need to fit over that. If you did want to explore the Link hoops more at some point I can post pics. If you scroll up this page to icy_jade's pics of her gold and Tahitian drops, one of the hoops is turned sideways and it has the same kind of tag-shaped thing at the back of the clasp. The American Diamond hoops don't have this.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1442777765|3929908 said:
cmd - you said you would have ordered the VS if you'd seen the drop-down list, but perhaps you could exchange them?

I could, because they do have a generous return policy. I'd have to pay international shipping, but I'll give it some thought.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results