shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond hoop earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I saw a pair of inside-out diamond hoop earrings at my jeweler (where DH got my ering). It's 1 3/4 inches in diameter, 1.54 ctw, G-H, VS2 diamonds in 14kt white gold, so the diamonds are maybe 2 pointers. Is $1180 a reasonable price for it? I haven't been able to find something of similar size online to compare prices. It kinda looks like this one from Soloman Brothers, but this one is 1.02 ctw. It doesn't say anything about the length and it looks like the diamonds are bigger, so I am assuming that this one is shorter than the one I saw but then again the picture is blown up.
76045.JPG

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Qtiekiki,

I am also in the market for some fashion diamond earrings. I have looked at several in-side out diamond earrings, however, they didn''t sparkle
38.gif
. I am so spoiled ... now I want everything to be "ideal cut" because I am comparing them to my wedding and anniversary bands
30.gif
, and I haven''t seen anything that sparkles near this. I wonder if those on the solomans bros site is an ok deal or not? How did the diamond earrings at your jewelers sparkle? It will be interesting to see if anyone chimes in with any insight re: in-side out earrings.

Have a wonderful weekend!
35.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The one at my jeweler sparkles a lot. I forgot to ask her about the cut quality, but I think they are at least very good from the well they sparkle. I tried them on and they were the perfect size. I tried on smaller hoops about 1" and 1-1/4" with larger diamonds, but they seems more formal and mature than I want for everyday wear with jeans. I like them a lot. Maybe that reason is enough to get it. I guess since being on PS, I want to get fair deals on jewelry and I thought I would see what other think about the price.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out Signed Pieces....Ann got a pair of inside-out diamond hoops custom made recently from them, and they decided to put her style and other ctw sizes in stock!

ETA: here is a pair of 1.54 ctw ones from them and they are $2k!

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3849

So if the ones at your jeweler sparkle and look pretty and you trust them, then I'd say get those, they are almost 1/2 the cost.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2006 1:52:13 PM
Author: Mara
check out Signed Pieces....Ann got a pair of inside-out diamond hoops custom made recently from them, and they decided to put her style and other ctw sizes in stock!

ETA: here is a pair of 1.54 ctw ones from them and they are $2k!

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3849

So if the ones at your jeweler sparkle and look pretty and you trust them, then I''d say get those, they are almost 1/2 the cost.
Lol! We were posting the same thing at the same time!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I looked at those signed pieces, but their length is short than I like. Since their length are shorter than the one I saw, the diamonds in the ones from signed pieces are bigger. I am thinking it''s ~2.5 pointers (signed pieces) vs ~1.5 pointers (my jeweler), so would the price still be comparable? I figure the signed pieces ones are more for the bigger stones.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Compare with whatever you can find, there are so many versions of hoops out there you may not find EXACTLY the same thing your jeweler has to compare, soat some point you just have to make a decision!

Personally I think that 1.54ctw for $1180 is a very good deal if the stones are quality and sparkle.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 2:12:14 PM
Author: Mara

Personally I think that 1.54ctw for $1180 is a very good deal if the stones are quality and sparkle.

Hi qtiekiki ~

I was up late looking and looking at sooo many different sites and versions of diamond earrings
24.gif
. Most of the earrings that I was looking at were 1 cttw ... and wayyyy over $1,000.00!
23.gif

You know, if those in-sideout diamond earrings at your jewelers do sparkle and you really like them
30.gif
... I am thinking you should call up your jeweler, and ask him/her about the color and clarity etc ... and maybe even have them hold them for you, go down take a look ... and Jump on them!
30.gif

I went window licking
18.gif
yesterday, and I couldn''t find anything that sparkled for under $2,000.00! "Earring wise". I too would like something that dangles about 1 3/4" - 2" ... so far everything is wayyy out of my budget!
38.gif

I guess I will keep saving, and keep looking. Patience!
35.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mrs Darlin Joy - I will call her about the cut quality since I already know the color and clarity. She makes her own jewelry and do custom work, so I think she can always make me a pair if she sell the one I saw. I am going to get them if their cut quality is very good.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
OOoouu! I am sitting at the edge of my seat!

I can''t wait to hear if you get them ... how much fun is that!!!
18.gif

Keep us updated!

35.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Update: I am getting the diamond hoops tomorrow. I''ve been too busy to go back to the jeweler, but now I am finally more settled down. I am so excited. I will post pictures after I get them.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see ear shots. I love diamond hoops!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results