shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond hoop earrings... comments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My coworker got these earrings a while back but never wears them. She wants to sell, and i''m tempted. Is $650 a good price? I know BN tends to be a little over-priced, but this seems to be a great deal, and the diamonds are awfully sparkly.

BLUE NILE EARRINGS

Metal: 18k white gold
Diameter: 1 3/16 inches
Number of round diamonds: 70
carat total weight (ct. tw.): 1.00
color: I
clarity: SI2
Setting type: Pavé setting

BLUE NILE HOOPS.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girl? How many sparklies are you gonna get in one week? If they had a breathalyzer for diamonds, you''d be in the clink!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My cat just died from intestinal cancer last night, so i''m in a terrible mood... but spending money always makes me feel better.
7.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s such terrible, awful news about your cat! What a good life & much love they had with you ...

((If budget ever requires you find another coping mechanism -- my #1 is talking to friends on the phone #2 sleeping #3 talking to more friends.))

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
well.. unfortunately, none of my friends really understand how much they mean to me. To them, it''s just an animal. I let slip that she was to undergo surgery to remove the cancer (12 inches of her small intestine was removed), and their first response was, "how much is the vet bill?" and "why bother, you can find cats all over the street. just get another one!" I don''t even bother with them anymore when my pets get sick. *sigh* This has been a terrible year for me. I lost 5 cats. I''d give up all my jewelry if they could come back to me. But since they can''t, i''m just gonna buy more stuff to make me feel better.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Nobody has any comments on the earring''s price? is $650 still too high for 1ctw, 18kt earrings?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
forte- so sorry to hear about your kitty! I would be absolutely devasted if anything happen to our dog... our pets are family!

about the earrings- I think they''re awfully cute.. see if you can talk her down on the price a little
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''ll see what i can get her to do. She still has the receipt that shows $1050, so i''m not sure how willing she''d be tho...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Offer her $550 firm. She isn't going to be able to sell them for anywhere near what she paid, SBT. I am sorry about your cat. Seems like you've lost so many this year. A reciept for what she paid means nothing unless she can sell them for that amount. It's like driving a car off the lot, once you drive off , that car is worth way less than what you paid.
2.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Alright, I will try $550 on monday. Gonna go do some Christmas shopping and watch a special premier of "Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe" at Downtown Disney TOMORROW!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your cat.
The earrings are really pretty, and the price doesn''t seem half bad. Just two questions to ponder, 1) If you were choosing any goody for yourself for this price, is this what you would choose, or is it just tempting because it is available?
2) Will it be weird for you or for her to see you wearing "her" earrings?
Sometimes I''ve found that business dealings between friends/coworkers can be awkward - example - what if something breaks on the earrings just after you''ve bought them? you might feel ripped, she might feel guilty.
In summary I''d buy them if this is a style and size that you really dig. Otherwise I''d pass.
I think they are pretty but earrings with the diamonds on the inside back loop aren''t my fave.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry about your cat. I love kitties, though I am very allergic to them. They''re so lovable.

As for the earrings, they are very pretty, but I agree with Kaleigh; $550 is a much fairer price than $650 for worn earrings. Let us know when you get them and take some pics of them on your ears for us!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like this design as you see diamonds from the front and the back. As do people that see them. I have a similar pair myself.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear about your cats Fortekitty! Sounds like you''ve had a rough year. You definitely should treat yourself. I think the earrings are very pretty, something I would wear all the time. The price sounds reasonable. I know how you love to get good deals, but do you want it because it''s a good deal or because you think it''s pretty and you''ll really get a lot of wear out of it? If the price is not the sole driving factor for you to want it, then go for it! Have fun shopping tomorrow and I envy you''re going to the LWW premiere. I have to go to work!
14.gif
14.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I am mostly a lurker. I don''t know about the price for the earrings but I''m really sorry about your kitty. I have four cats and love them to death. I have lost cats in the past and it''s awful. Just wanted to say sorry.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty, I''m so, so sorry to hear about your cat[cats]. I can''t even begin to imagine losing 5 cats in one year. That is so horrible, I can''t even fathom. Shopping happens to also be my coping mechanism. If buying these earrings gives you even a tiny measure of happiness, I say go for it! Heaven knows you deserve it after the past year.
39.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think $550 is a good price. That''s $500 less from what she payed and they are VERY cute. More importantly though I am SO sorry to hear about your cat. My oldest was very sick a few weeks ago (discussed in the free kitty thread) it was so upsetting and I am so attached to both our cats. They are like children. People with pets don''t understand but you are allowed to be sad about it. (((hugs)))

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind words. You have no idea what this means to me. This is my beautiful baby.

y-y 5.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww FK I''m so sorry to hear about your cat...pets are like our children, you know we nutty PS''ers understand!!

I love those BN earrings, I have been coveting those, I didn''t click the link but those are the $1k ones right? I would SO pay $650 for them or $550 or whatever. My GF has a set that are channel set pave like that and they look great on her. I think hers are a bit smaller in inches though.

Let us know what you decide and of course as always, pictures are mandatory!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
She was precious. I love the picture with her licking her lips. So cute!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
{Big Hugs} I''m so sorry for your loss. I have 2 of our own little babies. Yes, they are literally our children, so I cannot even imagine ever losing one of them. I am sure I would be just a wreck. Your baby is so cute...
Re: the earrings... I''m not a big hoop earring gal so I wouldn''t but if it makes you happy, I''d say go for it. Price is good if you can get it for $550.00. Good luck on your decision.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My baby will be back from the crematory this weekend. Thanks for everyone''s support and kind words.

As for the earrings, I talked her down to $625 and she refused to budge anymore. I''m going to wait another week before bringing it up again. Have a feeling she may be willing to go down a bit more, but i''ll use this weekend to decide if i really want them.

I''m gonna be visiting friends in Cupertino (N. Cal) until next Monday... that should give me enough time to decide.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results