shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond help....what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

Someone showed me this stone the other day(I think it was JulieN) and I really like it so far. I''ve been reading as much as I could all about diamonds and everything seems good. The one thing that still kinda confuses me though is girdle. I''ve read a slightly thick to medium girdle is good...is that right? So this is the girdle for this stone...

Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted

I don''t know what medium faceted is and I was wondering if anyone could provide me some insight to this characteristic of diamonds. Sometimes all the knowledge is so overwhelming!

Wish me luck, I''m going into the diamond district today...maybe I''ll find this exact same stone! :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thin to med is near perfection, no worries.
I like that diamond.
Its a nice aca classic.
yummy :}

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Okay, thanks for the info...

Now, what about comparing
that

stone with

this one?

The difference between the ACA and the Round Ideal cut is about $60 I think. but is 3 pts smaller than the Round Ideal cut.

What do you guys think? I keep getting scared that once I make a commitment to one diamond, I''ll see another one I like better.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.04-6.06X3.73 vs 5.94-5.98X3.68 is a wash no large difference there.

I think id get the ACA as long as its eyeclean.
eyeclean is eyeclean so no difference there.
So for $60 more your getting a large increase in color and some cut impovement.
There would have to be a bigger price difference for me to pass on the ACA in favor of that ES.
Performace wise they are likely pretty close.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Don''t the ACA''s have a better return/tradeup policy? Even though I''m a bit of a clarity ho, I''d probably go for the ACA as well.
5.gif

Good Luck!
35.gif

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Hi,
You seem hesitant to pull the trigger, and I think I know why. Both stones may be very nice and either may be a fine purchase, but I think you should keep shopping. Why? Although you have found two simliar sized and priced stones, they are very different?

Comparing an ACA H&A Si1, G color
Vs
AGS excellent (not ideal) VVS1, I color
These are quite different stones

One is not "better" than the other (as evident by their market price), but if you were really clear on what you wanted, I do not think you would be considering both.

I''m just a "rough rock", what do you more experienced types say.

Sincerely,
David

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for voicing your concern david...after much searching and much pondering, I decided to go w/ the ACA. After going through all the threads and just taking looks at a ton of different stones, I liked the ACA''s the best. My friend purchased an ACA through WF and I looked at that and another stone at the same time, and I liked the ACA more.

And now to the setting, he he he

=p

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 7:16:27 PM
Author: lil_jay78
Thanks for voicing your concern david...after much searching and much pondering, I decided to go w/ the ACA. After going through all the threads and just taking looks at a ton of different stones, I liked the ACA''s the best. My friend purchased an ACA through WF and I looked at that and another stone at the same time, and I liked the ACA more.

And now to the setting, he he he

=p
Thanks for your kind message. I thought about my reply, and I hope that I was not too harsh. It looks like you made your decsion to go with superior cut and better color, versus clarity. You needed to make that conclusion, because it is a difference in preference, not right or wrong.

Personally I would do the same, since I would rather put my $$ elsewhere, and not invest in VVS1 clarity.

Sincerely,
David

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results