shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Feedback 1.15 twinning wisps

yialanliu

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

Can you guys give some feedback for this diamond from Blue Nile Signature Ideal. On the report, it seems to only have twinning wisps as its inclusion.

Does that mean it's eye clean since I have read in the past that twinning wisps are the best types of inclusions to have. Unfortunately, however, it seems to have an awful lot of them, 5 from the cert.

The cert is GIA xxx
Report: 114258624
1.15 ct
H
VS2
Table:57%
Depth 61.4%
35.5/40.8
Cutlet: small
HCA 2.6 using 1.5% for cutlet
Price: 9427

Another diamond that I also saw and was interested in is this:
GIA XXX
Report: 2131555783
1.10ct
H
VS1
Table: 57
Depth 61.5
35.5/41
Cutlet small
HCA 1.4 using 1.5% for cutlet
Price 9470

Which do you think is better. My main criteria is eye clean, G-H, hearts and arrows.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Twinning wisps are highly individual. They result from a distortion of the crystal during formation. They can be completely eye clean. But you can't say that for sure. You may be able to see a twinning wisp from a particular angle, or in certain lighting, or some combination of lighting and angle (they may look whitish or hazy, like smoke running through the diamond). It really depends on the diamond, and you can't tell from an inclusion plot or even a magnified photo, because you tend to see wisps on magnified images that you can't see with the naked eye.

So, you could look for a stone from a trusted vendor that could eyeball it for you, or you could purchase it with Blue Nile's return policy and take a look for yourself. Generally, twinning wisps are kind of a "secret" value, in that they look very scary on an inclusion plot or picture, but tend to be eye clean in person. That is not universally the case, though, and you need to evaluate stone-by-stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results