shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond District Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pwings

Rough_Rock
Hello all. Im looking to purchase a rock in the diamond district in manhattan. I want to spend 15k max 18k if necessary. I tried my best to obtain a rap sheet, but I can''t get it. What''s the best I can i get with this money for a round extremely well but diamond? Any advice will be helpful.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before you go to the diamond district, please read the tutorials here on cut. And be careful there. You have a great budget and could find a gorgeous stone online. There are many vendors in that area, but you need an appointment. I hear great things about Mark Turnowski. www.enagagemntringsdirect.com Also visit www.facetscollection.com . If you are willing to take a drive to Long Island, www.goodoldgold.com I bought my asscher from them. Good luck!!!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi and welcome to PriceScope!

If you''re intent on heading to the Diamond District, you may want to check-out David S. Jewelers (www.davidsdiamonds.com) - - owned by David So who is the creator of the proprietary Solasfera cut (www.Solasfera.com).

If you''re interested in the Solasfera, you can make an appointment to see loose and set diamonds in their VIP showroom on 5th Avenue - they have a great selection and offer a wonderful tutorial on the Solasfera stone ...

AND THEN, you can check-out some great e-vendors like Good Old Gold which also sells the Solasfera diamond (www.goodoldgold.com) and WhiteFlash which has a huge and wonderful selection (but no Solasferas) (www.whiteflash.com)

We purchased a Solasfera diamond on-line from Good Old Gold and it was a great experience. Good Old Gold also has a jewelry store in Massapequa, Long Island, so you may want to check them out in person while you''re in or around New York.

I also had the opportunity to preview some Solasfera diamonds at David So''s VIP showroom, which was also a great learning experience and a lot of fun!

Hope this helps!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased from Michael Jay Fifth Avenue www.michaeljay.com and he was terrific and took great care of me, still does. He also has an online inventory and can get his hands on any diamond you care to mention. You will need an appointment with him as he prefers to see his clients personally. Good luck.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been working with Angel Diamonds on 46th street - which would be the next block over from the diamond district.
They''ve been amazingly helpful even to the point of scheduling an appointment for me to come down to see the diamond I found and look at settings on a Sunday when they are usually closed.
I would recommend them highly.

www.angeldiamond.com

oh, and on top of amazing service, 30 no questions asked refunds and a layaway plan that can''t be beat - their prices are amazing.

Good luck.

ssfse

Rough_Rock
check out exceldiamonds.com.... their offices are in the city.
find something that you would like to see and make an appointment. judah is very helpful.

pwings

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the hot locations. I will definitely try to stop in each one to shop around. I am looking to get a 2k or at least a 1.75k stone, but with my budget can I get a stone from thie district well cut and high quality? Whats your opinion guys? What do u think I can get with this budget of mine? I want the this stone to BLING!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d buy and take an idealscope with you. A lot of stores have trick lighting - and you cannot really tell what the light return is. A few minutes studying the charts on the box and looking at a few diamonds will quickly educate you - then you can tell at a glance.

Its under the "Tools" button on the upper right.

Perry

pwings

Rough_Rock
So where should I find the best deals when shopping for ideal cut stones, online or the diamond district?

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely online. If you''re willing to invest a lot of time and effort, you can even find an ideal cut stone that''s not "branded" as such with great numbers - that''s what we did. We bought from www.uniondiamond.com , but we had to get a lot of stats on a lot of stones to find this one.

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 12:39:30 AM
Author: pwings
So where should I find the best deals when shopping for ideal cut stones, online or the diamond district?
Theres no reason you can''t do both...visit an online store with a Brick and Mortar location in the NY area....It''s the best of both worlds! I will second some of the recommendations already voiced: GoodOldGold and Mark Turnowski from EngagementRingsDirect. Both of these vendors have online pricing but provide you the opportunity to view the stones in person and compare and contrast. And with your budget, I am sure both of these vendors will help you find a great stone that POPS
36.gif
. Good Luck!

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
Why not dabble online and see what you can find? When you find a diamond or diamonds that really peaks your interest, come back in here and give us the spec''s. There''s a wealth of informed opinions in this forum.

Kevin

pwings

Rough_Rock
Guys, how much off Rap you think AGS triple 0 diamonds go for?

TexasClaus

Rough_Rock
I just got back from manhatten a few days ago and bought my asscher from mark t. at engagementringsdirect.com. I will be posting pics of it tomorrow of the finished ring when i can figure out how to take pictures that are worthy of it.

pwings

Rough_Rock
I went to a few stores in the district today, Hardly any stores had sones AGS certified. Most said they can get them for me. Stores are varying with the prices tho. Shopping for AGS 0 certified,some stores are offering 5-10 back some are charging up to 15% over rap, yet they dont even have them in stock. Whats goin on here?

giantfan216

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased an asscher cut engagement ring from Shenoa in the diamond district. They were very helpful (see Boris or Mel) and will answer all your questions. Also they have a large selection of diamonds and will take the time to show you anything and everything you want and will not put any pressure on you to make a decision until you are ready.

I would definitely recommend them regardless of what buyers may say about their Ebay store. Buying online vs in person are two completely different animals.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know why you''re surprised by what you find in the diamond district when everyone on this board tells you that you can find better quality diamonds for better prices online.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I can''t say that I agree with that statement. I searched online for a long time before venturing into NYC to see some in person.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe NYC''s diamond district is the exception, but when I visited Boston''s jewelry district after seeing the selection of stones online, I found that each store had very few ideal cut stones to show me, and that the prices were ridiculous in comparison to what you can find online. It was still valuable to see stones in person to determine how color sensitive I was, what size looked good on my hand in person, etc., but I would never buy at most jewelry stores after discovering Pricescope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results