shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond color in e-ring & w-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
I am interested in getting a solitaire e-ring and a semi-eternity w-ring. If the solitaire is a J color, should the diamonds in the w-ring also be J, or is there a range i should stick to? Thoughts, opinions? Thanks.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
They aren''t going to be literally sitting NEXT to each other, so I would say G-H is fine. That''s the "standard" for eternitys.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, Mara has a J stone and I believe g-h in her eterntity bands and says she can''t see a difference at all in color. the melee is so tiny you won''t see much color anyway, just tons of sparkle...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I often wear my 1 ct RB G colour with a ring jacket made of 4 .25 L colour diamonds and would you believe they look fine together, they all look ICY WHITE to me. The solitaire is set with a WG head and YG band, the L stones in YG and matching prongs. I think you will be fine and you have a good range of colours to choose from.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i looked recently at BBB at a 2 carat solitaire that was i think a J. I paired it with G-H colored diamonds on a semi-eternity .5 carat w-ring. i swear i thought i saw a difference. but if Mara did it and Ame is appoving, then i am thinking it''ll look ok. Thanks for all of your help!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best thing to do if you can is to compare the diamonds together in different lights if that is practical, as your eyes may pick up more of a difference - but I am sure you will be ok as we are not talking a huge jump like mine, and those look fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results