shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Cavity? Should I be concerned?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Everyone… so I just purchased this Diamond, and I’ve only seen video and pictures. She is on her way to me… but just noticed, and realized) she has a cavity… based in the fact that she is a VS2, nothing on 83CD2A93-A80A-4D70-8DB6-4D62407B5D80.jpeg the table, should I be concerned?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
So this is an modern old cut or an old cut?
Her cavity is not a problem as long as the setter is informed and does not cause any damage.

Thank you! She is an old cut, and I have been informed by the seller that this doesn't pose any kind of risk, also being graded a VS2, I am optimistic. I also looked up OWD favorite Diamond reports and quite a few of the VS2's also showed a cavity in a similar location.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! She is an old cut, and I have been informed by the seller that this doesn't pose any kind of risk, also being graded a VS2, I am optimistic. I also looked up OWD favorite Diamond reports and quite a few of the VS2's also showed a cavity in a similar location.

We tend to give old stones a little more grace than we do newly cut stones. Can you post any up-close pictures or not yet?
VS2 in that size stone is pretty nice! Who is going to set it for you?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
We tend to give old stones a little more grace than we do newly cut stones. Can you post any up-close pictures or not yet?
VS2 in that size stone is pretty nice! Who is going to set it for you?

Thank you! Will post pics when stone is in hand, and that’s what I’ve been told regarding the inclusion… I plan to have her set by DK!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you! Will post pics when stone is in hand, and that’s what I’ve been told regarding the inclusion… I plan to have her set by DK!!

Tell him about it when you send it.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
have you shared yet how you plan to set it?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
@Karl_K will do! Thank you! I already sent him the certificate but will remind him when we confirm the design.

An 8 prong solitaire setting, per DK will not be a problem

Sounds pretty! I had been following your threads on the diamond search and couldn't remember if I had seen you discuss what the plans were for the ring. Can't wait to see it!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Everyone! I now have this gorgeous stone in hand and she is :kiss2:!!! DK has already begun drawing CADs and I will be sure to share when we are further in the process, but for now. the Diamond’s specs are a GIA Circular Brilliant, 4.56, OP, VS2, and while a touch of warmth on her body, she is BRIGHT!!! And the faceting is beautiful!! The body is SO CLEAN, with only tiny little inclusions near the girdle. Thank you for those that are following!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Everyone! I now have this gorgeous stone in hand and she is :kiss2:!!! DK has already begun drawing CADs and I will be sure to share when we are further in the process, but for now. the Diamond’s specs are a GIA Circular Brilliant, 4.56, OP, VS2, and while a touch of warmth on her body, she is BRIGHT!!! And the faceting is beautiful!! The body is SO CLEAN, with only tiny little inclusions near the girdle. Thank you for those that are following!

Please share pics!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would not be too concerned about the cavity. It is a VS2 and the cavity is not the grade setting inclusion. However, the diamond also has a feather (grade setter) and a chip, which is certainly not unusual for an antique diamond. The combination of those three, especially if clustered together might be a concern. As long as you are using a seasoned pro to set it for you, you should be fine. The 8 prong mounting will give it pretty good protection against further damage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results