shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Butterfly Pendant... price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been looking for a butterfly pendant for a while now, but have had no luck finding one I like so i have to get it custom made. Now what would be a decent price for it? I''d like to be semi-prepared to negotiate with my jeweler''s daughter should she try to overcharge me. I''ve never had to haggle w/ her father because his prices are more than fair, but his daughter''s a different story...

Specs:
18K white gold sliding pendant
.40-.50ct
G-H, VS-SI1
about 3/4 inch

It looks similar to this, but more feminine and curvy... i already did a sketch of what i want.

JM6009-Angle1.jpg

Thanks!!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I saw some beautiful curvy butterfly pendants recently. There was even one in pink & white gold. Sorry I don''t have a pic or a price.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I've seen some similar styles at Costco and the prices for half that carat weight (.20ish) are around $270, so I'd say at least $500???

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hmmph. Maybe I should lower the carat weight. I just want a fun piece but didn''t want to spend too much.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should at least definetly check out the size before having a pendant designed.

I''m petite and tried on a .20 flower version of that style and it looked huge and awkward on me. I also tried on a similar one from Roberto Coin''s collection which was only .1 carats and it looked tiny and the diamonds were so little I thought that when I looked in the mirror, that the pendant must be on backwards as I could barely make out the stones.

The amount of metal probably was a factor in both necklaces as the Costco one was A LOT bigger than the Roberto Coin pendant. Making your pendant mostly diamonds and little metal will probably balance out the size so that it looks good on you!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I was looking for a long time for a Butterfly pendant and happened upon this Roberto coin pendant.

I am posting a link to the thread. It is about halfway down the page with pictures.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/roberto-coin.21107/=

I think it is .30 something points and retails for over $800. I got it for $300.

The one Michellecarmen is talking about is a lot smaller and cost about $300 and it is not a silouette, but more solid.

I will try to find a picture of it.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Michelle & Kayla!

Kayla~ I saw your RC butterfly pendant, but i wanted it to hang from a wing, instead of straight on, and i want a silouette, not solid.

So you think ~$300 would be a good price for a .30ctw? I''m still undecided as to how much diamond I wanted on it, so i''m just getting a ballpark price.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2005 11:28:47 AM
Author: ForteKitty

i wanted it to hang from a wing, instead of straight on, and i want a silouette, not solid.

Take a look HERE ... those can definiltely be made to hang from a wing or otherwise, if the overall shape is what you want. With pave, most of the cost will be the making, not the diamonds, so using a pre-made setting might not be a bad idea.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I like that one on the bottom row, second to the left, but I want the top wings to be further apart. Who can order these mounts for me?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2005 12:26:13 PM
I like that one on the bottom row, second to the left, but I want the top wings to be further apart. Who can order these mounts for me?
This company was mentioned by Michael E.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 3
6.gif
5:46 AM
Author: kayla17
Hi,
I was looking for a long time for a Butterfly pendant and happened upon this Roberto coin pendant.
Yes, the one you have looks incredibly sparkily! Seeing yours is what motivated me to drive out and check out R. Coin''s necklaces. I was sad that the one I looked at didn''t compare
7.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have what may seem like a dumb question but why a diamond butterfly?
Wouldn''t colored gemstones make much more sense after all the real thing is very colorful?
Maybe I just dont get it lol...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 5:26:52 PM
Author: strmrdr
I have what may seem like a dumb question but why a diamond butterfly?
Wouldn't colored gemstones make much more sense after all the real thing is very colorful?
Maybe I just dont get it lol...
Diamonds matche with more of my casual clothes.
2.gif
Can you imagine wearing a pink sapphire pendant with a blue shirt, or a blue sapphire pendant with a pink shirt, or a ruby pendant with a green shirt? eek!

Besides, nothing sparkles quite like it, unless they're colored diamonds... in which case it'll be totally out of my price range!!
3.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 6:18:25 PM
Besides, nothing sparkles quite like it, unless they''re colored diamonds... in which case it''ll be totally out of my price range!!
3.gif

Not necessarily, how about this one? It is $600 and has white and fancy yellow diamonds.

1625931-lg.jpg

14kt yellow gold butterfly pendant with 42 round brilliant cut diamonds weighing approximately 1/5ct. TW (I-J/I1-I2) and 60 Natural Fancy Yellow round brilliant cut diamonds weighing approximately 1/3ct TW (FY/I1), with an 18-inch diamond cut cable chain.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2005 6:18:25 PM

Can you imagine wearing a pink sapphire pendant with a blue shirt, or a blue sapphire pendant with a pink shirt, or a ruby pendant with a green shirt?
Sure. Besides... you have those colors matched perfectly in the post above !
9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
but they don''t really look like butterflies...

That''s a neat idea tho.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I want a horse shoe necklace, where can I get a good quality one?

Thanks,

Lori

Love the butterfly pendants

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, i''m terrible. I saw the Starfish by Roberto Coin, and i want a starfish too! The RC one was kinda dinky tho... sorta disappears into the neck, and the diamonds are tiny. Anyone see any starfish diamond pendants?
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, Tiffany's sells has this starfish necklace. I swear that they have another one also, but didn't see it in my quick search.

The description is, "Elsa Peretti® STARFISH pendant. Platinum; twenty round brilliant diamonds, carat total weight .13, color grade F-G, clarity grade VS. Original designs copyrighted by Elsa Peretti. $1,700."

Of course, it's a total rip off, but this gives you another design idea in case you decide to go with this shape instead.

FWIW, I have the little silver starfish and wear it ALL the time. It goes with everything
2.gif

starfishdiamond.jpg

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
LOVE the starfish design! Now I want one.

I wish I could find a picture of the white & pink gold butterfly necklace I saw.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That starfish is kewl

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
OOohhh!!! soo pretty!!

If I get a starfish pendant I''m going to name it Patrick.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute idea!
2.gif
You''ll have to get sponge earrings to match.
9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
hmm... rectangular danglies, yellow pave diamond on the top 2/3, dark champagne diamonds on the bottom 1/3! I''ll be the envy of all kids!
9.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results