shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond at zoara.com w/EGl

sobiesk2

Rough_Rock
I have come to the realization that $5000 at a brick and mortar store isn't going to get me what I am looking for, I have to shop online. I found this website zoara.com that is reviewed fantastically online and has cheap diamonds and some settings that I like. My question is regarding the EGL international certification. I have read some not great stuff about them being lax on their grading....but of course they are cheaper than the GIA diamonds. I found one that I like, specs are below, but I am not sure how realistic the grading is compared to a GIA diamond. I feel like I am flying a little bit blind here. The color is F so even if it drops a little in GIA it would still be near colorless right? Any advice to help me with this, am I still getting a decent diamond for the price even if the grading is a bit lax?

Price $3,169
Diamond Shape Princess
Carat 0.94 ct.
Diamond Cut Excellent
Color F Clarity VS1
Diamond Depth 69.8%
Diamond Table 70%
Diamond polish Excellent
Diamond Symmetry Excellent
Girdle Thin
Diamond Measurements 3.74x5.36x5.56

Thanks

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Usually EGLI is within 2-5 grades of what GIA would call a particular stone.

That leaves a pretty wide range and most people don't get much comfort in the word 'usually' from the above sentence even after they accept the range. It's up to you to decide who you want to rely on for grading and other information. The burden is on THEM to convince you that their opinions have merit and the default answer is no. If you find them unworthy of reliance, don't just discount them, ignore them. (This includes deciding if you like my advice by the way. I'm just some stranger on the Internet unless and until you do further research and decide if you care what I think).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sobiesk2|1340040956|3218740 said:
I have come to the realization that $5000 at a brick and mortar store isn't going to get me what I am looking for, I have to shop online. I found this website zoara.com that is reviewed fantastically online and has cheap diamonds and some settings that I like. My question is regarding the EGL international certification. I have read some not great stuff about them being lax on their grading....but of course they are cheaper than the GIA diamonds. I found one that I like, specs are below, but I am not sure how realistic the grading is compared to a GIA diamond. I feel like I am flying a little bit blind here. The color is F so even if it drops a little in GIA it would still be near colorless right? Any advice to help me with this, am I still getting a decent diamond for the price even if the grading is a bit lax?

Price $3,169
Diamond Shape Princess
Carat 0.94 ct.
Diamond Cut Excellent
Color F Clarity VS1
Diamond Depth 69.8%
Diamond Table 70%
Diamond polish Excellent
Diamond Symmetry Excellent
Girdle Thin
Diamond Measurements 3.74x5.36x5.56

Thanks