shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond and GOG setting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluemonkies

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m thinking of purchasing the following diamond for my proposal ring -
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4804/

Could anyone help to comment on its qualities?

I called GOG to enquire and was told that the diamond is eye clean, but the incision on the table is clearly visible under 10x loupe. Should this be a concern?

Also, I''m thinking of getting it set directly at GOG, as I''m located in Asia. Is this a good idea? Or would it be better to get it set locally in my native country? Does anyone have any prior experiences getting their diamonds set by GOG?

Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 2:00:27 PM
Author:bluemonkies
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing the following diamond for my proposal ring -
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4804/

Could anyone help to comment on its qualities?

I called GOG to enquire and was told that the diamond is eye clean, but the incision on the table is clearly visible under 10x loupe. Should this be a concern?

Also, I'm thinking of getting it set directly at GOG, as I'm located in Asia. Is this a good idea? Or would it be better to get it set locally in my native country? Does anyone have any prior experiences getting their diamonds set by GOG?

Thanks!
Only if you will be in the habit of louping your stone and don't want to see anything.
2.gif
In other words, no, it shouldn't be.

Lovely stone. And yes, it's definitely best to have GOG set the stone, as they will take responsibility for it during the setting procedure.

p.s. It is an "inclusion", not incision. Unless Jon has gotten his medical degree on the side.
9.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results