shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockbottom

Rough_Rock
I have already purchased an engagement ring for my girlfriend. But I keep hearing things about diamond alternatives on the radio and other websites. I was just wondering what all diamond alternatives are there? And which one is the best?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best for what? Compared to what?

Nothing competes with a very well cut diamond in terms of Brilliance, Fire, and overall "Life" for jewelry.

However, I will admit that a well cut CZ beats out a poorly cut diamond in terms of looks.

A poorly cut CZ is comparable to most "average" (in my opinion poorly) cut diamonds (and mot CZ''s are not that well cut either).

Most of the various claims for "other" kinds of alternative diamond materials - whatever their fancy name - all seem to test out as Cubic Zirconium (CZ).

I will admit that CZ is great for educational purposed on cut due to its low cost.

Perry

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Pardon my humor, but...

Many diamond alternatives have become associated with undesireable consequences, such as :

''the dog house''

''the sofa''

You get the picture
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2004 112:42 AM
Author: Brian Knox
Pardon my humor, but...

Many diamond alternatives have become associated with undesireable consequences, such as: 'the dog house'
The dog house... is an alternative... Sapphire, ruby and emerald are some of the better known alternatives to the dog house
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results