shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Alternatives E-Ring Question

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
A gf of mine is just delving into what she likes/wants e-ring wise...shes discovered she really likes yellow diamonds, especially in a halo. She asked me today if a yellow sapphire would be more cost effective rather than a yellow diamond? So would it be? Obviously it doesn't have the same fire etc as a diamond. She doesn't want any more than a .75ct, if that makes a diff.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has she considered mmd? Can't talk about it on this thread but in another one you might consider it.

Yes a yellow sapphire is cheaper.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1370960895|3463367 said:
Has she considered mmd? Can't talk about it on this thread but in another one you might consider it.

I haven't broached that with her yet - honestly i think she's looking for cheaper alternatives for no reason! She's money conscious, and I get that - but if he can afford it and he'd like her to have a diamond, then let him! But I may bring up the mmd, bc that will give her the best of both worlds I guess - I just worry about cut with those...but yes that's another thread!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovebug1031|1370962084|3463381 said:
Niel|1370960895|3463367 said:

I haven't broached that with her yet - honestly i think she's looking for cheaper alternatives for no reason! She's money conscious, and I get that - but if he can afford it and he'd like her to have a diamond, then let him! But I may bring up the mmd, bc that will give her the best of both worlds I guess - I just worry about cut with those...but yes that's another thread!

Cut for any colored diamond isn't going to be up to par with ideal whites(usually, there are always exceptions)

They are cut for color and weight first, not performance. She would have the same trouble with mined or MMD

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results