shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rmf1972

Rough_Rock
Before I start, thanks to everyone on this site and the site itself for providing more than enough info to make an informed choice on choosing diamonds. That said, I have a question. I recently purchased a princess cut diamond for my GF/fiancee (she said yes, I''ll get to that later). Using advice/info from this site and plenty of research, I picked this diamond:

2.22ct princess, H VS1, EX/EX/ 7.22x7.05X5.03 / 70.1% table / 73.0% depth / no F

The idealscope looked great, the stone presented well, not too wide of a table, plenty of fire. Well, she didn''t like it! We went back and after looking at numerous diamonds, she chose this one (which I was more than happy to get):

2.32ct princess, G VS1, VG/VG/ 7.51x6.96x5.40 / 76.0% table / 77.5% depth / no F

Idealscope is OK, leakage out of th sides, still a nice ring but totally against what I would have picked. Has anyone been in this situation? I have no problem grinning and bearing it - she is totally ecstatic, but I feel like the year and a half I''ve researched is wasted. Any thoughts?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Classic example of you need to get what appeals to your eye....numbers are good to use as a guideline, but bottom line is the diamond has to look good to the one wearing it...try not to feel like it was a year wasted....I am glad she found something she liked- congratulations!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
your fiancee got exactly what she wanted...what could be better? congratulations!!
36.gif

please share some pics!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow,
That is pretty amazing that you researched that long for it! Congratulations to you for making this a thoughtful process. I don''t think you are wrong to have some hurt feelings here. You bought her a great diamond. I don''t know if she is the type who is easy to shop for ( I am sure most of you know what I mean) but hopefully,she appreciated all the thought you put into it and let you know that before she asked for a new one.
You are great to have agreed so easily.
Congratualtions on the engagement and at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you know a hack alot about diamonds now!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
rmf- First off, congratulations!

Secondly, please excuse my curiosity, but what was it exactly that made her unhappy with the stone? Do you think she just wanted to be more involved in the process, and that it was not specifically what you picked out that she didn''t like? Just a thought. Like Sophie said, though, it is really great that you''re taking the opportunity to make her happy.

Best,
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results