shape
carat
color
clarity

DiamCalc Please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starman123

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Would someone please be willing to run a DiamCalc report on the following diamond:

1.05 Carat Round Brilliant
6.55-6.61x4.02mm
Depth %: 61.1
Table %: 57.4
Crown %: 14.5
Crown Angle: 34.4
Pavilion %: 43.2
Pavillion Angle: 41.0
Culet: Very Small
Girdle: Thin to Medium faceted
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

Thank you so much for your help!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what information are you looking for from diamcalc?

starman123

Rough_Rock
Hi Belle,

I''m most interested in the leakage numbers and the simulated idealscope image.

Thanks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers do not give enough detail for the DC results to be any better than the HCA score. The size of minor facets is not given in the AGS stats and even if an average would be known, I could not reproduce symmetry variations which definitely make a difference for the IdealSCope simulation or any other simulated image. All one could do is draft a hypothetical model with perfect symmetry not because this is the thing to do, but because there is no way to do better in this case.

I think it would be missleading to use the DiamCalc in this way, although it is easy to put up a nice picture
20.gif

The HCA gives a result with the scant numbers, but it does not draw a picture and for all the good reasons - it would not be fair (IMO) to make that many assumptions to complete a model starting from those few numbers. The difference is allot: the RBC diagram needs about 22 independent data points (see the 'Manufacturer' view in a Sarin .srn file, for example) while AGS reports gives 9 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results