shape
carat
color
clarity

Detroit/Toledo Jeweler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

timetobuy

Rough_Rock
Hello all. Got a diamond...now just need to figure out what to do with it.
Can anyone recommend a jeweler for setting around Detroit or Toledo?

Thanks.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where are you and how far do you want to drive?

Karagosian in Sylvan Lake, MI set mine -

timetobuy

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I talked to them yesterday and was thinking about checking them out.

Do they have a good selection of settings...i''m still not sure what kind of setting to put it in.

Good work though?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been all over the Detroit area, with experiences with many places - here are a few larger places I like in terms of setting selection (of course there are tons of mom and pop shops, but these are all bigger, better selection, etc):

Yes, good selection at Karagosian - Vatche, Ritani, Tacori, Jaffe, etc. They set my H&A for me, and I was very particular about how I wanted it done, and it turned out just fine.

Also check out Tapper's in Bloomfield Hills - also a large selection of designer things.

ETA: Tappers is having their spring bridal event on March 18th

Lucido in Sterling Heights

And of course at Somerset mall in Troy you can check out Bailey, Banks, and Biddle, Tiffany, Cartier (it's worth going in those places just to look at settings!)

Karagosian is the only place that has actually done any work for me (set my stone). I have purchased things from some of the other places, but all pre-made items.

Does that help?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Try Harold Jaffe in Toledo up on Monroe street by the Franklin Park Mall. They carry a lot of designer rings (Tacori, etc) and I had them do some work for me when I lived in Toledo, and was pleased. Or you can try Sterling Diamonds over in Maumee, in the Suffolk Square plaza, they also carry some nice designer and other settings.

I went into Murray's jewelers in Woodhaven MI a few years ago and they have a ton of beautiful settings.

My original e-ring was made I believe by the Karagosian company and its a beautiful setting, although I have never been to their store.

35.gif

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
I can vouch for Tapper''s in West Bloomfield. I found them very accomodating. They allowed me to set up an appointment time to have my stone set in front of me. They also have insurance and take the liability for setting your stone, provided that they don''t see any structure problems with your stone (bring a copy of your GIA or AGS report so they can see it). Many places don''t take the responsibility for setting your stone in case they damage it during the setting process.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results