shape
carat
color
clarity

Determining size of side stones help!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello lovely Ps'ers
If I decide to add tapered baguettes or traps to my haloed emerald cut diamond how do I determine which size side stones to use?

I'm having CADs done with this new idea of side stones but I need to guide my diamond guy so the cad designer knows exactly what I want.

Would love advise! I'd also love any pictures with a Haloed centre stone and unhaloed sidestones and NO pave on band -

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Some more inspiration pics

_34296.jpg

_34297.jpg

_34298.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need pictures of your current setting with size (mm) of stone and halo. Honestly your jeweler should be telling you what size
he thinks would look best.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1442083087|3926930 said:
Need pictures of your current setting with size (mm) of stone and halo. Honestly your jeweler should be telling you what size
he thinks would look best.

Agreed. A lot has to do with the size of the shank, unless they are replacing the shank in the process. I am not sure how just adding side baguettes on a ring that is already made will work. You need a ring designer, really, rather than you trying to guess diamond size. Whoever is sourcing the stones should bring in a couple of pairs for you to see that fit the shank of your ring.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks :) the ring is not made yet - it's in first stages of CAD so whilst it's still in design process I wanted to see whether side baguettes would look great or not. I will not add pave to shank if I do have side baguettes. Shank is 2mm currently.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results