shape
carat
color
clarity

Desperate for Advice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondhelpneeded!

Rough_Rock
Can you help me pick a diamond from the ones below and why? Thanks - p.s. these are all princess cut except the last which is an asscher, and all the cuts are very good.

Carat Weight: 3.44
Color: J
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 69.3%
Table: 73%
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good Culet: N
Girdle: THN-VRY THCK
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 9.08x8.00x5.54

Carat Weight: 3.32
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 68.6%
Table: 75%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: N
Girdle: TN-VTK
Measurements: 8.29x8.28x5.68

Carat weight: 3.22
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 66.5%
Table %: 70%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Measurements: 8.51x8.26x5.49 mm

[Asscher] Carat weight: 3.57
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 67.6%
Table %: 65%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Measurements: 8.52x8.49x5.74 mm

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Based on the specs I''d nix all 3 princess cuts. You stand the best chance with that Asscher.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more vote for the Asscher.... now, you ask "why"
34.gif

That''s the hard part, because there is not extensive presentation anywhere on the part of the web I know of explaining these things in enough detail to make a stand-alone shopping guide.

In short, I wish there was a decent visual presnetation of all these stones. After all, diamonds are bough for their good looks, not the professional page design of the GIA certs
7.gif
Since there is not, the most I can do is look at size and weight, shape (the fist princess is rectangular, and that is not what the standard facet design of the princess was meant to accomodate) and try hard to make an educated guess of how bright these might be.

Hope the 0.2 worth helps a little.

Can the seller provide photos or IdealScope ?

diamondhelpneeded!

Rough_Rock
We went shopping last night and my wife (who this is a surprise for) preferred princesses to asschers...therefore, are any of the princesses I listed good? Why or why not? Thank you all for your help!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
There is no way to give you an educated opinion without getting sarin info (info about the crown and pavillion anges). HOWEVER, it''s pretty likely that all three are pretty cruddy...with the tables so much bigger than the depths like that, it''s probably going to be a flat stone. Physically and visually.
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results