shape
carat
color
clarity

design/color help needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello friendly deco-mavens!

DH and I are redecorating our master bedroom and we''re in need of some minor design/color help. The picture below is our inspiration. I''m looking for suggestions for an alternate color to the yellow (not a fan). The white and different shades of gray will be carried over into our new space.

Thanks!

Bedroom inspiration HH.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
burgundy? Eggplant?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of a dark magenta, but DH nixed that.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Teal?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you can use many "pop" of colors burgundy, red, lime, orange, etc, but I like a bright color to offset the muted darker color but that''s just me personally.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 1:40:45 PM
Author: neatfreak
Teal?
+1. Or cobalt blue for more of a pop.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does this help?

Bedroom inspiration HH 2.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
Turquoise!

Check this out: http://www.houseofturquoise.com/2009/08/white-turquoise-love.html

Okay, maybe I''m a *little* biased- it''s my favorite accent color at the moment. Okay, for the last four years. What can I say?

At any rate, that blog has a ton of design ideas as well as links to other "feature" colors. I used several ideas from that blog in my current house.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh, also meant to add- love your inspiration photo. It reminds me of a high end hotel. You''ve got to let us know what you decide and how it turns out.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks April! I''m going to take before and after pictures before we paint. It''s going to be a pretty long project as we have to buy new dressers, etc which will take time and I want to find the ''perfect'' pieces to accent it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your inspiration photos. Honestly I don''t think you could go wrong. Red, light blue, teal, orange, copper, plum, lime green...would all look wonderful.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 4:35:44 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Love your inspiration photos. Honestly I don''t think you could go wrong. Red, light blue, teal, orange, copper, plum, lime green...would all look wonderful.
Love the idea of lime green or copper.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That color scheme leaves you open for really a lot of options - my favorites (because of the grey) are teal and red.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of teal or torquoise as well.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
No advice on color splash choices, Hudson Hawk, but I just have to compliment you on your inspiration room choice. What an excellent looking room-- I love your design taste!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Green. Specifically, kelly green.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I''m loving lavender, pale pink, pale blue, light green, anything pastel really. Also love red. Try googling "gray bedroom" and hitting images. This thread makes me seriously miss Domino magazine! =(

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morgie-those pillows are a lovely color and would look great with gray! Gray is such a great color b/c it matches pretty much everything!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I love the look of the bedroom. I think an eggplant purple color would be great as well as teal. My first choice would be magenta but I can totally see my own DH vetoing that.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Being that most colors will work, I would pick a color that is already in one of your other rooms so there will be a nice transition to your bedroom.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you guys can believe it, that room is not professionally decorated. It was entirely DIY. The woman is amazing, she''s got a blog. Her whole house it awesome! Google Three Men and a Lady Blog.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:53:48 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
If you guys can believe it, that room is not professionally decorated. It was entirely DIY. The woman is amazing, she''s got a blog. Her whole house it awesome! Google Three Men and a Lady Blog.
This lady is my new hero.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I love what she did with the throw on the chair. It almost looks upholstered on the back of the chair. I''m loving gray rooms right now and just painted my living room and dining room gray. I did my entry in a similar shade as what she has. It''s so dramatic!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I love the rug + chair, I''ve just ordered two wing chairs for my formal living room, I am going to steal that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results