shape
carat
color
clarity

DERCO San Francisco RECOMMENDED - My experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skylah

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and I had a great experience with DERCO in San Francisco. I have been reading and trying to educate myself through the help of this forum and after visiting about 5-6 B/M jewelers, looking at online sources such as GOG and WF, and we ended up buying our diamond and setting from DERCO.

We dealt with the owner, O, and his brother-in-law, H. We asked a lot of questions, most of which we already knew the answers to via this forum, just to see if we were going to be misled, etc. We never gave them a price range but asked to look at diamonds with our specifications and then asked for prices on all of them. Through our research, we knew the online prices we should be expecting and DERCO not only matched those prices but we even went below those prices by about 1.5K on each. Our price for a Vatche X-prong setting for a round 2CT diamond was $650 which we found to be reasonable.

We not only looked at our diamond through a loop but used the microscope as well, under different light, natural light, etc. We felt that we were given excellent service, no hard sell, we spent close to 4 hours in there talking and deliberating. We unfortunately had to pay tax since we are California residents but for those of you that are not, the tax break is pretty nice. It was worth it to us to actually see the diamond in person; just personal preference. All in all, we received great service.

I believe it truly depends on the person(s) that you work with as I have read of some bad experiences at Derco. Keep in mind, this was only our shopping and buying experience but I will add to this post when our ring is back from Vatche.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results