shape
carat
color
clarity

depth/table

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

forne

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie here, but I have been looking for awhile and this site has been invaluable for research. I think I have the 4 C''s under control as far as importance, but I am still confused as many of the other factors including the depth and table properties. I found a diamond that I think fits what I am looking for:

Princess cut
5.55*5.47*4.02
Weight: 1.03 ct
Depth: 73.5%
Table: 66%
Girdle: ETN, VTK
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: SI 1
Color: D
Ratio: 1.01
Flourescence: Strong

From what I have learned from you and my own research, I think the 4 C''s are are more than acceptable, but I am unsure as to whether the other factors will greatly affect the overall diamond (although I realize this is partly subjective). Is there a way to compare all the factors to an "ideal" range? This diamond is listed at $4K....

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To assess cut on a princess, info on more variables is essential. If possible, get a Sarin-scan and list both pavilion and both crown angles.

In any case, the ''Extremely Thin'' portion of the girdle is a first point of concern. Please have your vendor check whether this thinnest portion is on a vulnerable area in the stone.

The Strong fluorescence in a D-colour generally leads to a somewhat lower price. Please check also that the stone is not milky, because of the fluorescence. And make yourself comfortable with the fluorescence, you may not like the effect or it may not bother you at all.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results