shape
carat
color
clarity

Denver, CO folks - need your opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
My honeymoon hasn''t turned out to be what FI and I wanted it to be. FI''s best friend decided to get married on 11/13 shortly after FI and I set our date. He is having a Vegas wedding. Since FI is in the wedding, we had to scrap our original honeymoon plans and go to Vegas instead.

FI suggested that we hop a plane to Colorado after spending a few days in Vegas and spend a few nights at the Stanley Hotel. I have had a hotel crush on this place since I was a little girl. Being an avid horror movie fan, the Stanley has been a place I have dreamed of visiting. I am a bit worried that there is not much to do in the area aside from the hotel. Any locals know if there are things to do out in the area or is the hotel so secluded that it becomes the only thing to do?

Also, feel free to tell me if the hotel itself isn''t worth the hype. I would much rather by-pass a potential disappointing trip in favor of a scheduled visit some other time!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
That would be great but something to keep in mind, in the town of Estes Park (where the hotel is located i believe) there was a larrrrrrrge fire today and a lot of businesses burned down. If you arent really the shopping type and are just going for the hotel it might be good, but if you want to do stuff around the hotel you may want to rethink :) Another suggestion would be the Broadmoor hotel. It is in colorado springs and is very nice, expensive, but very nice :)

Here's a link to more info about the fire
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21354116/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results