shape
carat
color
clarity

Democrats not the only one to blame for Fannie and Freddie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, thanks for posting this. I ran across it on my Yahoo homepage yesterday and . . .
38.gif

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Wow.
6.gif

Thanks for posting this Ellen.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone in congress is to blame.
Those that tried to do something are guilty of not bringing the case to the American people and if they tried then the news agencies are just as guilty for not getting the news out.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
"In recent days, McCain has said Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were "one of the real catalysts, really the match that lit this fire" of the global credit crisis."

I think McCain is wrong on that, Wall Street got in the banking business with disastrous results.
Freddie and Fannie were not enough to bring down the market.
.25% interest rates on savings pushing people into risky investments was the second biggest thing.
To much money floating around in the system with to little of value to purchase was another.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this, Ellen. I saw that on a couple of my news sites and I thought it was rather interesting. And by interesting I mean shady.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 11:54:40 AM
Author: strmrdr
''In recent days, McCain has said Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were ''one of the real catalysts, really the match that lit this fire'' of the global credit crisis.''

I think McCain is wrong on that, Wall Street got in the banking business with disastrous results.
.25% interest rates on savings pushing people into risky investments was the second biggest thing.
To much money floating around in the system with to little of value to purchase was another.
Where do you get this stuff Karl? I was getting 5.25% last year, and I''m still getting 3.50% (though it''s nothing to brag about) in FNBO savings this year. Not CD''s, fully liquid FDIC savings accounts.

Sure there are savings accounts that pay little, but aren''t the consumers responsible for seeking out better rates?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 1:09:39 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Date: 10/20/2008 11:54:40 AM

Author: strmrdr

'In recent days, McCain has said Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were 'one of the real catalysts, really the match that lit this fire' of the global credit crisis.'

Where do you get this stuff Karl? I was getting 5.25% last year, and I'm still getting 3.50% (though it's nothing to brag about) in FNBO savings this year. Not CD's, fully liquid FDIC savings accounts.

Sure there are savings accounts that pay little, but aren't the consumers responsible for seeking out better rates?

Most people don't look beyond their local bank.
.25% is what my local bank was offering on saving accounts when I opened my checking account.
Your still not keeping up with real inflation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results