shape
carat
color
clarity

Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Its been almost a year since my man proposed to me and we are just starting our wedding planning...I guess he thought I "just" started my ring re-set as well but that is not the case! Opinions on these two rings for my upgrade MUCH appreciated! These are two examples that I would use in a redesign/new design of a similar ring, does anyone have a similar ring? Do you think that my diamond (size-wise) will work (the stones in the examples are 3-4 carats) with this type of setting? And how the heck to I wear a WB with it? I don''t mind a gap but it looks like it would be a large one...

We started with:
1.2 ct. Radiant
1A Cut Class
D
VS1 or 2? Can''t remember this second
Med. Fluor. (love that blue!)
w/D. Vatche Xprong in platinum

Will go to:
Same Center Stone
Brilliant Cut Trapezoids
Princess, round, or pave band???
Matching WB as the band.

One example is Leon Merge...One is from Whiteflash

Ring Example LM.jpg

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the one from WF...

Ring Example WF.jpg

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and we've contacted WF for the re-set since that is where we bought my original ER and just LOVED their service and talent!!!
emthup.gif

I can't wait to hear what they have to say on my ideas...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your diamond size will work and WF will know how to make the sides look proportionate. As for a wedding band, with that much going on with the e-ring, I''d do a very thin pave wedding band or get something different to wear on your right hand and wear the e-ring solo..both rings are very michael beaudryish
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:50:24 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I think your diamond size will work and WF will know how to make the sides look proportionate. As for a wedding band, with that much going on with the e-ring, I''d do a very thin pave wedding band or get something different to wear on your right hand and wear the e-ring solo..both rings are very michael beaudryish
1.gif
Mrs.s, great idea. Ditto what she said.

shay

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:50:24 PM
1.gif
Thanks! those are good ideas...

I don''t know if I can let go of the idea of a wedding band and ER on the same finger-we live in the Midwest and people around here don''t tend to go out on a limb or away from tradition (I blew both families away by deciding to we are going to get married in St. Thomas instead of my home town like they all just assumed).

What about a three stone ring with a five stone band or a three stone with two bands (one on each side of the ER)? I would think about that as an alternative instead of my other idea if it worked with a WB (or two
12.gif
) If I went that route, what kind of side stones in the ring (radiants? traps?) and in the WB???

I like "matchy-matchy" rings where the shapes all match or blend together...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my opinion that ring style doesn''t really lend itself well to a matchy matchy wedding band. If you go with a halo, or maybe do pave in the shank if you don''t do a halo, I''d stick with a thin pave band. I personally think a 3 or 5 stone would be way to much paired with either of those rings you posted. A dainty pave band would kinda match and have an antique feel because it won''t sit flush. Something like this beaudry ring:

61B13.jpg

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 7:53:18 AM
In my opinion that ring style doesn''t really lend itself well to a matchy matchy wedding band. If you go with a halo, or maybe do pave in the shank if you don''t do a halo, I''d stick with a thin pave band. I personally think a 3 or 5 stone would be way to much paired with either of those rings you posted. A dainty pave band would kinda match and have an antique feel because it won''t sit flush. Something like this beaudry ring:

61B13.jpg

That makes a lot of sense, I do love 5 stone rings, but not with this ornate style.

I get what you mean about "matchy", but do you think I could have the band of the ER match the WB if they were both like the Beaudry example you posted? Or are you saying I should go with the ring I like and pair it with the petite band instead of matching all the pave/bands?

I could also do a halo around the center stone (and not the side stones) and and get a RB/Pave WB to "match"the halo stones-something like this?

Ring Example-Michael B213.jpg

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Ring update-

We got a price quote from WF and it is either right at, or above our budget of $5,000 for the ER and no WB. I emailed Bob back this morning with a couple of questions as well as about wanting a WB too (I LOVE Mrssalvo''s idea!) so we shall see if we can come up with something I love and we can afford!
emcrook.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results