shape
carat
color
clarity

Decision Time! - Which would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jake_Needs_Help

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all the folks around here who have already helped me. I''m proposing next weekend, so I need to order one of these diamonds today. I''m having trouble deciding! Which would you pick?

Report: AGS (DQR)
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.264
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.6
Table: 55.6
Crown Angle: 34.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 7.02-7.03X4.26
HCA: 1.3

Report: AGS (DQD)
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.156
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.6
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Girdle: Thin - Medium
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.82-6.84X4.14
HCA: 1.6

Jake_Needs_Help

Rough_Rock

Ok. Hopefully by the time you get here you've already made up your own mind. The two are only $50 apart in price. Now, I've been leaning towards #1. Here's why:

1. My girlfriend and I compared a Hearts on Fire to a plain old Ideal cut. She could not see any difference in brilliance, etc. I thought maybe I could see a very very slight difference, but at that point we decided that we did not want to spend the extra money it would cost for a "superideal." Would rather spend the money on something that she can see (like size).

2. She has told me that the prettiest diamond she has ever seen was a 1.25 carat. But she said that she doesn't need one that big, and I've been telling her that I am planning to get one just a little larger than 1 carat. I think she would be pleasantly surprised by the 1.25.

But, I've spoken with Bob Hoskins at Whiteflash by phone and email. Here is what he has said:

"Both of these diamonds are eye-clean. There are almost the same size and the color is the same. The both are beautiful! The ACA is $50 more than the ES. I would select the ACA."

"The size difference is the thickness of less than two sheets of copy paper. Not much at all. My thought of getting the ACA over the ES is the little bit of difference is worth the $50. It has an inscription on the girdle that can identify the diamond if it ever comes to that and it gives you bragging rights that you own an A CUT ABOVE brand super ideal cut diamond with hearts and arrows. I have to admit that they both look pretty much the same. They would make a find pair of diamond studs."

This is the first time I have worked with Bob, but everyone around here seems to trust him completely, so I definitely value his opinion. The trouble for me is that I don't care about owning any brand of superideal. If anything, I think I would prefer (and I know she would prefer) the bragging rights of the larger size. (Not that any of us would brag, right?

31.gif
) And I don't know if I should care about the inscription. Should I?

If Bob says they look pretty much the same, then I'm sure my girlfriend will not be able to see a difference in sparkle. Can anyone tell me if the 0.2 mm is a noticeable difference in size?

All opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I would call back WF and ask to speak to Brian about both of those diamonds. Ask him to pick out the more beautiful stone.
(For the record - I bought a WF ES and it is the most spectacular stone that I have ever seen)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d get #1. You save a little bit of money, and you get the extra bit of size, especially if your gf will be pleasantly surprised by the larger size! And if Bob says the diamonds look pretty much the same, there''s not much to gain by getting the ACA. I''d get the ES and get the extra 0.2 mm.
9.gif

Jake_Needs_Help

Rough_Rock
Yeah, since Bob says they look very similar it seems to me that it comes down to size vs. inscirption. I think I''m going to go for size. Is the inscription that great? Should I really want it?

Jake_Needs_Help

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for all of the help! I may try to talk to Brian this afternoon.

Any other opinions?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure they are both amazing stones. I would call Brian and get his feedback. Good luck!!
1.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
If one is as beautiful as the other and she said the 1.25 was the size of the most beautiful diamond that she has ever seen then I would for sure go with diamond #1 . Good luck!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
My choice was #1 too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah ...#1 ... it''s actually "over" 1.25, which - according to what she desires (not being a Pscope cut nut
11.gif
) should THRILL her beyond belief.

Jake_Needs_Help

Rough_Rock
#1 it is!!!!!!!

Thank you again and again to everyone who helped me out. I really feel good about this. I spoke with Bob at WF again, and he said the stones both performed really well, almost the same.

The last couple days I''ve been thinking about the whole "mind-clean" thing around here, and it made me realize that with two diamonds that are so alike, it really comes down to which one I would feel better with. I decided that I would feel better with the extra 0.1 carat than the ACA name.

Anyhow, thanks again, and keep giving that "mind-clean" advice to newcomers!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great!!
36.gif
You must come back to post pics!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the decision! Can't wait to see the finished ring
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results