shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding between 3 diamonds for engagement ring. Any opinions / thoughts?

deann

Rough_Rock
Hi experts! I'm picking diamonds for my engagement ring and have narrowed down my search to three diamonds:

Diamond 1:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/20442256
HCA:
1714263861937.png

Diamond 2:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/21063805
HCA:
1714264148586.png

Diamond 3:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/20275734
HCA:
1714263961407.png

My concern with diamond 2 & 3 is that they "Looks Like Size Average", while diamond 1 "Looks Like Size Average". However, diamond 1 seems to have a feather in the table area (though not very visible) and many clouds on the side. Can I know what are your opinions on these three diamonds? Appreciate it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately none of these are great choices because the cuts aren't very good. What's your budget and desired size/color/clarity?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or this, which is absolutely amazing

Old_Fossil

Rough_Rock
Hi @deann - great to see you doing some research. As @lovedogs noted, I submit you can find better stones. If you can share some more information about what you are and aren't willing to compromise on when it comes to the 4 Cs, it can help the search process,

Seeing your color and price range, I offer the stones below that provide you the peace of mind that you won't have to worry about their HCA score. This vendor is well established as providing exemplary cut stones with maximum light performance and high quality settings.

The A Cut Above (ACA) line:

Two stones from their Expert Selection line:

These stones above have videos that you can watch, and come with imagery that validates their cut and light performance. They are better options than the ones you posted.

This is another great candidate from a different vendor:

All the best in your search.

deann

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply!

I was looking for 1 - 1.1 carat, G color, VS1, no fluorescence round diamonds. My budget is around 6-8k. Can I know what are the tools/metrics to check the cuts? I was only using the GIA reports & the HCA tool during my diamond search... Thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply!

I was looking for 1 - 1.1 carat, G color, VS1, no fluorescence round diamonds. My budget is around 6-8k. Can I know what are the tools/metrics to check the cuts? I was only using the GIA reports & the HCA tool during my diamond search... Thanks!

See the option from whiteflash. They are super ideal cuts and held in house--you cannot go wrong. Whiteflash, brian gavin, and victor canera are all great options in the same quality range. Unfortunately, GIA reports and HCA tools only tell some of the story--you also have to look at the stone itself.

PS. in your size range, VS2 or eye clean SI1 will all look the same with the naked eye, and faint-medium fluorescence will have no impact on the performance of the diamond.

deann

Rough_Rock

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the suggestions!

Ended up picking this one
from whiteflash :)

Congrats! You will not be disappointed! Please come back with pictures for us when you receive it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the suggestions!

Ended up picking this one
from whiteflash :)

That's a beauty! I hope you'll come back to share your thoughts once it arrives!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results