shape
carat
color
clarity

Decently sized red leather purse, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I want to treat my best friend to a nice Christmas gift this year because she''s going thru a nasty divorce, and I want to make her holiday special...and I''ve been thinking along the lines of a decently sized red leather purse.

Normally we don''t exchange *huge* gifts..and this is totally impulsive on my part.

I think I can spend anywhere from $75-$100.00 on this purchase, if it''s the right bag...but as it stands right now, I budgeted for our normal $50.00 max.

I''ve visited Macy.com...Overstock, and Kenneth Cole online...I''ve found a couple of things that popped out, but I know you woman are really good shopper and maybe you could help find the perfect bag?

She''s a working Mom, has a four year old daughter....so, a bag thats decent in size would be nice.
I''d like to stick with a "name" brand...although, I know my budget is restricting, and I''m not expecting to find a Coach, D&B, or anything of that nature...just a nice quality bag she''ll be proud carrying...

Last year her husband got a DUI the day before Christmas, and she didn''t get any gifts...so this is important to me...any help is genuinely appreciated!

TIA!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I saw that brand on Macy.com...I am going to go to Marshall tomorrow and look if I have time...THANKS!!!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
Ross normally has some very cute purses in varying colors. I dislike the experience of going there but $12 steve madden shoes always kicks me in the behind. They have awesome shoes and purses for low prices.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so this is going to be out of your price range by about $25-30 BUT, the bag is fabulous (IMHO). It''s a beautiful red Kate Spade leather purse that I nearly bought for myself. The only thing stopping me was the brown Kate Spade purse I just bought.
3.gif
Silly FI is trying to make me budget better so only 1 purse at a time until after the wedding.

Fabulous Red Leather Purse

It''s bigger than it looks in the picutre, thank goodness for measurements.

ksredpurse.jpg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with Tiganello, I have one and love it, I was just at Ross'' and T. J. looking for a red one and saw one I liked. They are usually in your price range.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 1:18:38 PM
Author: DiamondsforDee
Ok, so this is going to be out of your price range by about $25-30 BUT, the bag is fabulous (IMHO). It''s a beautiful red Kate Spade leather purse that I nearly bought for myself. The only thing stopping me was the brown Kate Spade purse I just bought.
3.gif
Silly FI is trying to make me budget better so only 1 purse at a time until after the wedding.

Fabulous Red Leather Purse

It''s bigger than it looks in the picutre, thank goodness for measurements.
I am so tempted...just have to run it by DH...

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Italiahaircolor you are in IL, correct? I thought I saw you say before you from Naperville. Well just out of curiousity have you called or checked the Kate Spade outlet in Aurora? They might have that purse at the outlet within your spending limit or have something else there in within your limit.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 12:03:39 AM
Author: EMPTorres
Italiahaircolor you are in IL, correct? I thought I saw you say before you from Naperville. Well just out of curiousity have you called or checked the Kate Spade outlet in Aurora? They might have that purse at the outlet within your spending limit or have something else there in within your limit.
LOL...I ended up at the outlet today, and went to the Coach store...I ended up buying her this big, beautiful cherry leather bag. OMG was it over my budget by double, but I was listening to Christmas music and got all into the spirit and next thing you know, she''s getting the most beautiful bag!

Because she''ll be upset with me for spending this money...I will make it from Santa, because after all, who can get mad at Santa?

Thanks everyone for your help!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Aww...what a lovely, thoughtful gift - I''m sure that how touched she will be will more than make up for going over budget
9.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thats great that you found the perfect bag for your friend! Sometimes you find the perfect gift even though its over budget... and you just have to go with it!
3.gif

san diego searcher

Rough_Rock
I agree with TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross. Also, Target has some high priced designers that do special lines just for a limited time at Target. I think currently it''s Anna Hyndmarch. They have some cute designs; not sure about red but you may want to take a look at them.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yayyy! You are such a good friend, Italia!!

Now...can you perhaps take a pic and add to the Show Me Your Coach thread?!?! ;-)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I wrapped it before reading this thread...but I will snap a pic of her when she opens it and put it on here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results