shape
carat
color
clarity

DeBeers Announces yet another Price Hike...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

linny14

Rough_Rock
oooh, i love tanzanite. more than diamonds.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wink yes there are perks to the job but the basic facts remain that the rest of the chain is pretty currupt niceice pointed out the flaws in it so I wont repeat what they said.

Bottom line when the industry leaders would be thrown in jail for setting foot in the biggest market there is something wrong with the business.

I would love to be able to strike at them but as a consumer the best I could do would hurt the wrong targets.
Sorta like there hiding behind you guys.
Like I said be prepared to take some heat because it is coming thats the sad fact of the matter.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feydakin,
Yea there are some crooks in the tech field microsoft and cisco being the biggest but that is neither here nor there. I sure dont deny it and hide behind the mantle of helping people.
Say bad things about the tech field and I will agree with you.
Its no reflection on me.
I do my best to help my clients deal with the tech field and shield them from the worst of it so they can get there work done.
Our biggest job and likely the worst part of it is acting as a buffer between our clients and the the industry.
I take heat for microsofts screwups every time a new email virus hits and the virus scanners we force them to run start going off my phone starts ringing off the hook.

As far as you takin it personally thats your problem and not mine.
This is a consumer site not a love DeBeers site.

ps.
Would saying a bad industry rather than a bad business sound better?
Its more along the lines of what I ment anyway....

BrianTheCutter

Shiny_Rock
align="left">A week ago, in response to a posting by "Superidealist," I explained the 18.9% price differential between Whiteflash's "Cut Above" and "Expert Selection" diamonds that he cited.
I said then that chronic shortages of better-grade polished stones between
11/4 and 3 carats—as well as the rough from which they're cut—have been putting steady upward pressure on prices of top-tier goods.

Now De Beers has announced a 5% increase on its rough prices effective this
week.
That will create a new floor for both rough and polished prices. Any
short-term price relief before Christmas is unlikely.
Worse, if history is any guide, there will be a ripple effect into neighboring weight and quality categories.
So I am quite sure the market will feel a wide impact from De Beers' move and that the price differentials between our top and next-to-top tier goods will begin to narrow as replacement costs for all better diamonds start to rise.

I hope I don't sound self-serving by saying this. I don't like it when my
suppliers urge me to buy before higher prices take hold. On the other hand, I
don't like it when they change prices without warning—or explanation.
The market is as turbulent as Key West in hurricane season.
Small craft warnings are up.
developments.
naughty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results