shape
carat
color
clarity

Dearest LIW''s... I am not a LIW anymore!!! (LONG)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
EEK!! I didn't peek all that time it was in the house... and my good karma came back to me on Friday!! Karde proposed to me in the most awesome way! It was so much fun, I am still on cloud nine!! I have to thank you all for the enormous support you ahve been to me during this interminable waiting. Girls, there IS a sparkly light at the end of the tunnel for all of us!!

Here is our story:

I am a team lead in the call centre of a financial institution. We're preparing our year-end evaluations, and all of us are running around like crazy trying to gather all the data we need to compile the performance ratings of our staff. This is kind of good because I have been freaking out over this crazy waiting game - especially with the RING in the house since before the holidays - and it was starting to make me a little crazy! Seriously, I would wake up every morning and think... "maybe it will be today!" and each night I would go to bed, thinking "nope... sigh. Maybe tomorrow..." but this week I have literally been too busy to think about it.

I called Boyfriend to tell him that I probably wouldn't be home until 8 or 9 PM. I had so much work to do! My best friend,'Lilly' whom I am also very lucky to work with, came by my desk at about 4 and asked me if I wanted a coffee... which I did. She is like my mom, I swear I wouldn't remember to eat if it was not for her! Chatting away with my AVP, my friend walks by and says "your coffee is on your desk..." so I get up, and she is standing in front of me holding a huge bouquet of gorgeous flowers and a backpack that looks suspiciously like my own!

She and I frequently buy each other flowers when we're having bad days. Initially, I thought this was what she had done, but it seemed like she bought me a whole lot more flowers than she usually does. "What's this for??" I ask. "Duh!!" she says, and starts cackling like crazy! I am stupefied... "It's TODAY???"

She hands me the bag, and my thoughts are racing in every direction and I have lost all ability to concentrate. She had to help me unzip it because I was too excited! Inside the bag was:
- some money
- some sexy clothes
- a brown envelope marked "Agent Honeynut"
- my watch, set to the atomic clock (you would have to know my punctual fiance to appreciate this)
- a small almond butter sandwich on whole wheat

I opened the envelope. Inside was a picture of four supermodels in sunglasses and thigh-high boots, looking very Charlies' Angels, and some text that read:
"AGENT HONEYNUT: Your mission should you choose to accept it is to thwart internationally recognized terrorist group "KillahBabez". Wanted by Interpol, the FBI and the RCMP for the kidnapping and subversion of bachelors before they can be 'groomed' off the market... this is the only known photo."
"We have justbeen informed that one of our top agents, Agent "B", has been abducted. It may only be a matter of TIME before he is compromised. As this is a matter if utmost national security, all our intelligence resources are at your disposal. Agent Lilly has been assigned as your liaison. Contact her at 555-1212 should you encounter any mishaps. Equipment has been provided."

Here is a ridiculous pic of me, to help you imagine the scene unfolding:
47b5df37b3127cce9e2cd8c0044e00000016108BZNWzJq4bu

The next two pages were: an 'incoming transmission', leading me to another secret agent with a single clue (the emily the strange logo, which can only point to one person - another dear friend and colleague), and instructions on how to fold an origami duck.

Boyfriend must thnk this is hilarious because I HATE fussing with stuff, and when I am this excited the intricacies of origami art are more than frazzling!!! I make my way to 'Emily' but she refuses to tell me anything until I fold the duck! I did my best, ended up stapling its head.

Here me, origami-ing, with Agent Emily looking on:

47b5df37b3127cce9e2cd9b1c59700000016108BZNWzJq4bu

I guess she was satisfied, because she gave me my next clue - a long-distance phone number to a 'foreign intelligence agency'!

This is me, calling the number. Freaking out. Note messy desk covered in paperwork and brown envelopes of 'incoming transmissions. Note also the gorgeous flowers!!!

47b5df37b3127cce9e2cd9a444b200000026118BZNWzJq4bu

This one leads me to Agent Motor-Mouth (a very chatty, bubbly friend and colleague - could be no one else) with instructions to eat my sandwich on the way, as I need my nourishment, but there is no time for anything to drink.

Agent Motor-Mouth needs for me to prove myself through a demonstration of my language skills... by stuffing my face full of sandwich and saying tongue twisters in french!!
Here I am, stuffing my face:

47b5df37b3127cce9e2cdeea855700000016108BZNWzJq4bu

This was hilarious! You can't see the small crowd, standing in front of us, egging me on. My whole office was in on the plan. After like three tries, they relent and agent Motormouth gives me my next clue: three numbers that I recognize as my combination at the gym where Boyfriend and I work out! I have to be there by 5
6.gif
0 PM... it is now 4:52!

I ran out of there so fast, you wouldn't believe it! Agent Lilly agreed to kepe my flowers for me and we decided there would sadly be no time to change into the sexy clotes. I made it to the gym with about three minutes to spare, tore down the stairs to my little lockerette and opened it. Inside.... another brown "top secret" envelope!

I must have looked like such a wierdo, opening up this "incoming transmission" in the middle of the seating area of the locker room. I was having SO much fun!!! my next instructions were to cross the street to meet Agent High Society - someone I know - with whom I will be forced to have a liesurely drink and conversation with, before my next clue will be revealed! She arrived after ten of the longest minutes of my life (that atomic clock must run slooooow!!), and she shows up in furs, laden with shopping bags and pictures from her Christmas vacation in Maui. We swoon over the gorgeous pictures and daintily sip tea for what seems like eternity. I am dying inside. Actually almost cried. Friend may be "high society", but she is most definitely head over heels in love with an amazing guy whom Boyfriend and I both adore as well... he just got a great job far away and I feel so lonely for her at that moment. I really love these two people together.

She is exceedingly brave and generous to be here doing this this weekend... she was supposed to be visiting him, but she stayed to accomplish her Mission, which was to stick me in a taxi with the lyrics to the national anthem, in both official languages. I am shuttled off to a touristy, historic site where I will be required to demonstrate my patriotism by belting this out, 'with enthusiasm' at the top of my lungs! I HATE KARAOKE - I am soooo shy to make an a$$ of myself usually, but there is no way I am backing out now!!! Besides, BF is American and I am Canadian, so I feel it appropriate to pay tribute to my country!

I arrive to find Agent MuscleMan, a very dear friend that I am SOOO glad to see at this moment! I thought I was going to have to sing all alone until someone came to put me out of my misery, but he was there to rally me (and to gather a crowd, of course!) Not satisfied with the singing, he also made me crabwalk around on the sidewalk as a fitness challenge before taking me to his car, where he blindfolded me.

He took me to a secret rendez-vous point - the observatory overlooking our city - where Agent B was waiting!!! He said some very sweet things, and asked me... finally!!! to marry him!!!!! YAY! I said yes of course!!! He was soooo cold,he had been waiting up there for about half an hour for us to arrive. There are pics of all this but Agent Muscleman sent them all in one shot and they were to big for our inbox. Afterward we went home and changed for what I thought was going to be a romantic private dinner, but when we showed up at the restaurant, everyone who had been involved in the proposal, plus my family and other friends, were there!! I couldn't believe it! It was awesome. I still can't believe I didn't cry, and I am so touched that he and all our friends went through all that trouble to surprise me and make it memorable. I am also really glad that he involved my workplace, because everyone there knows we are getting married soon but the proposal hadn't happened and they knew how much I was dreaming of this moment!

Here is a picture of the ring!!! I know you ladies want hand shots, but my camera started wigging out on me! These will have to do for now...

47b5df37b3127cce9e2cde80853d00000016108BZNWzJq4bu

47b5df37b3127cce9e2cdf52c57700000016108BZNWzJq4bu

I am so excited!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap, honeynut! Congrats on such a fun and adventurous engagement! Your ring is lovely and we can''t wait to see hand pics from you - not to mention pics of the happy couple!

May you wear it in health in happiness!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh HONEYNUT, i love it!!!!! that is truly a sweet and amazing and thoughtful proposal. your FIANCE! must love you sooo much, and i think that''s awesome that he was able to get all of your friends and family involved. so special.

CONGRATULATIONS! love the ring! and the whole story... and i can''t wait to see more pictures!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!! HONEYNUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the sweetest thing I have read!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honeynut,
That is sooo sweet!! Congratulations to you both. The ring is amazing!! Have fun, this is a wonderful time in your life!!
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh! What a crazy but sweet way to propose.. He put SOOOOOOOOO much thought into it! I love all the pics!
Your ring is SOOOOOOOOOO pretty too!! yay!!!
Congrats!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Honeynut what an exciting proposal. Congratulations to you and your fiance. All the best for you both! What a gorgeous ring!
36.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Honeynut what a fun and unique proposal!! I
rotflmbo.gif
when he made you belt out the National Anthem!! He obviously put a lot of thought into it and I think it''s just amazing that he got so many of your closest friends involved... bravo, Agent B!!
36.gif

And of course it''s a lovely ring too!!
3.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
to Agent B!!

CONGRATS!!!!!! Honeynut, that is the most thoughtful, original, unique, sweet proposal story EVER!!!!! One for the ages that your grandchildren will be bragging about
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And I love what I''ve seen so far of the ring--so antique and special looking!!

HOORAY!! You guys are surrounded by love and support, and I wish you so much health and happiness in which to wear your new sparkly!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I''m so happy for you! I love your ring. And the proposal is amazing...that is the most elaborate and creative proposal I have ever heard!!! I love it!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that''s one helluv an elaborate plan your boy put together!!! I''d die having to go through all those steps and just want my ring now. So exciting, so sweet and so thoughtful of him! I wish you two so much happiness and your ring is beautiful!!!!!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
When is your wedding date again? Its fairly soon, right?

And what are the specs on that GORGEOUS stone?!

AND HAND PICS PLLLLLLLLLLEEEEASE?

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Honeynut!!

What an amazing proposal story :) I love that he made you sing the national anthem in public - I''d die. And that''s a crazy number of people involved, you must have felt so loved, not just by your Fiance, but all of your friends as well.

Beautiful ring too, I love the engraving.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your fiance certainly put a lot of time and thought into the proposal! He sounds like a very sweet guy.
5.gif
I love all the pictures of your "mission", and it''s a beautiful ring too!!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
What a story and congratulations on a sucessful mission
36.gif
! That is truly the most unique proposal story I''ve ever heard. So much time and effort..what a great guy. Beautiful ring too!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
39.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations Agent Honeynut and Agent B!!!!! Your ring is INCREDIBLE!!!!! I''m so happy for you!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
THAT IS THE BEST PROPOSAL EVER!!! I love that he included your friends and coworkers -- and that he ACTUALLY made you sing karaoke!!! OMG! And I can just imagine you "crabwalking" around the sidewalk -- as FITNESS test! That is hilarious!! Congratulations!!!!! What a fun couple you must be!!!!

Beautiful ring too!!!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!! What a great proposal Honeynut!!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
And the ring is GORGEOUS!!!
9.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

htupper

Rough_Rock
what an amazing proposal. I can''t believe how much time, thought and energy he put into it! Congrats!

And, PS, the ring is GORGEOUS!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excellent story, visuals and proposal! Congrats! It''s a lovely ring.
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That proposal took some elaborate planning!

I bet he''s glad that you said yes.
2.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock

36.gif
OMG
36.gif

What a fantastic story!! beautiful ring too!!!
30.gif
Congrats

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Hilarious!! I love it!!
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
omg...i kept swinging between rotfl and tearing up cuz that is just about the cutest sweetest proposal EVER!!!!!!!!!! congrats and your ring is stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I must have repeated the story two dozen times at work today for everyone who didn''t happen to be around on Friday afternoon! I can''t wait to take hand pics for you all!
emlove.gif

Unfortunately... My camera is completely snafu''d
face12.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Such a great and special proposal!!! I am SOOOO jealous! So sweet to have so many people involved and to know that you have so many great people in your life that wanted to be part of your proposal! Congratulations and I LOVE THAT RING!!!
30.gif
Two thumbs up to Agent B, one for the proposal and one for the ring!!!

Can you provide some more details to the ring to tide us over until we have hand shots???

Croí

Shiny_Rock
wow !
amazing - honeynut that is sooooooooooooooo fantastic and SUCH a proposal !! amazing !
he sounds great, your pics are so fun, your ring is STUNNING and I know you''ll be be so happy -

what a wonderful fun start to the next phase in your life !

36.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Amazigna nd well done! YOu will have to let Agent B know that the LIW totally approve of his ''engagement mission"

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I need to hang around the LIW forum more often.
9.gif
Honeynut, welcome to pricescope. Thanks for sharing your beautiful ring. Very unique. And of course, congratulations!!
36.gif

~kmom
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results