shape
carat
color
clarity

"Dear Red States," ... Reportedly From some guy's Ipad

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't being combative either and I am sorry it came across that way.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481221331|4105656 said:
I wasn't being combative either and I am sorry it came across that way.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. It sounded that way, so I totally understand that it wasn't meant to be. It is difficult to convey tone using just words. :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1481220419|4105646 said:
redwood66|1481220046|4105643 said:
Those of you complaining about tax breaks for Carrier do realize that local and state governments do this ALL THE TIME to keep or bring businesses in. In fact Carrier was offered tax breaks to stay before Trump ever got involved. The proposed lowering of corporate taxes are probably why they are keeping the plant open. My local city and the state in the past two years has given tax breaks to 2 large international known companies, one to build their only US factory and the other for a large retail location. The businesses are required to participate in funding infrastructure as well. That is how you attract corporations to your area and state. They also hire many locals to work in the locations. The family owned factory that was built here in my city moved from California where it was located for decades.
I am aware of states trying to lure business to come to their state by giving tax breaks but for Trump to claim that he did this is BS. He didn't save the jobs, the state did. He doesn't deserve any kudos for this. Not only that, over 1000 workers are still going to lose their jobs.

I do think they would still be leaving with all the jobs if he had not called them. This deal is good for an image he is trying to project and was symbolic for what he wants to do.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481221679|4105659 said:
Chrono|1481220419|4105646 said:
redwood66|1481220046|4105643 said:
Those of you complaining about tax breaks for Carrier do realize that local and state governments do this ALL THE TIME to keep or bring businesses in. In fact Carrier was offered tax breaks to stay before Trump ever got involved. The proposed lowering of corporate taxes are probably why they are keeping the plant open. My local city and the state in the past two years has given tax breaks to 2 large international known companies, one to build their only US factory and the other for a large retail location. The businesses are required to participate in funding infrastructure as well. That is how you attract corporations to your area and state. They also hire many locals to work in the locations. The family owned factory that was built here in my city moved from California where it was located for decades.
I am aware of states trying to lure business to come to their state by giving tax breaks but for Trump to claim that he did this is BS. He didn't save the jobs, the state did. He doesn't deserve any kudos for this. Not only that, over 1000 workers are still going to lose their jobs.

I do think they would still be leaving with all the jobs if he had not called them. This deal is good for an image he is trying to project and was symbolic for what he wants to do.
But then he lied about the deal and embellished the numbers while Carrier employees sat with their mouths open in disbelief. This is the real image Trump is building, a man who leaves So many shocked and hurting people in his wake.

Where in the hell is my play-doh?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HC I am not upset by the things that have happened so far because I am a conservative and for the most part have a hopeful outlook. I know that this is hard for some people and I hope they are able to cope. My personality does not understand this kind of reaction to an election - I did not have the same views when Obama won though many conservatives did.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481227178|4105677 said:
HC I am not upset by the things that have happened so far because I am a conservative and for the most part have a hopeful outlook. I know that this is hard for some people and I hope they are able to cope. My personality does not understand this kind of reaction to an election - I did not have the same views when Obama won though many conservatives did.
Most of my friends are Military and Conservative. I remember when OBAMA was elected and reelected...they all stocked up on ammo, emergency food, and guns. The world was coming to an end. Are you really telling me your pals didn't do the same?

You don't find Trump's lack of self control concerning? His actions on twitter amazing and alarming? He will be president! He is calling for press members to be jailed, that doesn't hit a nerve?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1481227748|4105681 said:
Most of my friends are Military and Conservative. I remember when OBAMA was elected and reelected...they all stocked up on ammo, emergency food, and guns. The world was coming to an end. Are you really telling me your pals didn't do the same?

You don't find Trump's lack of self control concerning? His actions on twitter amazing and alarming? He will be president! He is calling for press members to be jailed, that doesn't hit a nerve?

No they did not. The internet ridiculous people did but not the people I know personally. They are much more pragmatic. As far as Trump, I really do not take everything he says literally and I know the things that a president can actually (like starting WWIII) do without oversight of Congress are few. They can make a mess of the economy though. So now the world is coming to an end according to liberals. We will make it through but it seems much more fun for people to talk about the sky falling.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "Well I hope people learn to cope" logic no longer applies when we have states like Ohio speeding towards taking people's rights away as fast as they can. This isn't a bunch of women and gay people sitting around crying about Trump being mean on twitter.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1481228780|4105688 said:
The "Well I hope people learn to cope" logic no longer applies when we have states like Ohio speeding towards taking people's rights away as fast as they can. This isn't a bunch of women and gay people sitting around crying about Trump being mean on twitter.

Like the conservatives who were thinking the same thing with Obama. Same logic. If the bill is passed it will be rejected just like the similar one in North Dakota. Most conservatives don't have this issue at the top of their list.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481228499|4105687 said:

No they did not. The internet ridiculous people did but not the people I know personally. They are much more pragmatic. As far as Trump, I really do not take everything he says literally and I know the things that a president can actually (like starting WWIII) do without oversight of Congress are few. They can make a mess of the economy though. So now the world is coming to an end according to liberals. We will make it through but it seems much more fun for people to talk about the sky falling.
You are counting on Congress... There hasn't been a war declared since what? WWII? We have had many initiatives. I'm not down for an 'initiative" with China because Trump wants to troll them on twitter one night after hitting the scotch a little too hard. He needs a hobby. Someone needs to get him a playstation 4 and a bong and let the men run the country.

Ryan and McConnell have an agenda of their own. They may very well be the most powerful men in the country right now. I hope they learn to do real politics and hold this country together, for the good of the people. For the good of the people. Not for their special interests, or their pocketbooks, or any other disgusting motive that might be pushing them.

Trump is far beyond saying at this point. He is doing. His actions are not the actions of someone who cares about the people or this country or this planet. This is why the liberals are left reeling.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1481232686|4105702 said:
redwood66|1481228499|4105687 said:

You are counting on Congress... There hasn't been a war declared since what? WWII? We have had many initiatives. I'm not down for an 'initiative" with China because Trump wants to troll them on twitter one night after hitting the scotch a little too hard. He needs a hobby. Someone needs to get him a playstation 4 and a bong and let the men run the country.

Ryan and McConnell have an agenda of their own. They may very well be the most powerful men in the country right now. I hope they learn to do real politics and hold this country together, for the good of the people. For the good of the people. Not for their special interests, or their pocketbooks, or any other disgusting motive that might be pushing them.

Trump is far beyond saying at this point. He is doing. His actions are not the actions of someone who cares about the people or this country or this planet. This is why the liberals are left reeling.

Please tell me what your opinion of the conservatives you know and described when Obama was elected? The shoe is now on the other foot and those conservatives probably feel you are overreacting. Yes?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone is overreacting. Trump should NEVER have been elected president of the free world and if it takes a term in office for him to turn your country into a racist, sexist quagmire of hatred led by a puerile pseudo TV/internet star then I feel sorry for all the critically thinking people who now live in fear of what their country will become. People voted for Trump because he was supposed to represent the common man, a change of the type of representative, to help the ordinary struggling citizen and to help your flailing economy, yet realistically a guy that rips off workers himself, has done countless shady deals in his own business dealings and threw a thousand dollar a head party after he was elected is somehow going to be the holy saviour of your economic woes..... He has changed his own personal views on gun control and abortion simply to win conservative votes.

I'm sorry your country was in such a state of despair that he was even a contender let alone elected, but creating more division and creating a cabinet with sexist racist corrupt buddies of his is NEVER going to end well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The liberals are pissed b/c they just had their clocks cleaned. Wake up!!! Americans are sick and tired of all the failed liberal policies.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1481249391|4105773 said:
The liberals are pissed b/c they just had their clocks cleaned. Wake up!!! Americans are sick and tired of all the failed liberal policies.

Dancing Fire are you kidding. Do you for one minute think people would be this upset if say someone like Romney or Rubio were elected. Sure I probably would not be thrilled but I wouldnt be worried about what the next four years would be like. Trump is not fit to be president. He asks like a spoiled ten year old. How many grown men do know get into Twitter wars? You talk about the liberals getting their clocks cleaned. Let's just see how this all plays out. Something tells me the republicans may wake up and realize they have been conned. He announced today that he plans to still serve as an executive producer of the Apprentice. Call me crazy but I would think he would more concerned with running the country. Last time I checked that was consider a full time job.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1481262229|4105811 said:

Dancing Fire are you kidding. Do you for one minute think people would be this upset if say someone like Romney or Rubio were elected. Sure I probably would not be thrilled but I wouldnt be worried about what the next four years would be like. Trump is not fit to be president. He asks like a spoiled ten year old. How many grown men do know get into Twitter wars? You talk about the liberals getting their clocks cleaned. Let's just see how this all plays out. Something tells me the republicans may wake up and realize they have been conned. He announced today that he plans to still serve as an executive producer of the Apprentice. Call me crazy but I would think he would more concerned with running the country. Last time I checked that was consider a full time job.
Oh c'mon CC...We survived 8 yrs of Obama we will survive 4 yrs of Trump. Don't believe me? ask your dad... :wink2: :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1481262229|4105811 said:

I totally agree if it was any other half normal conservative politician everyone would accept it and move on. That's the point, it's not a normal conservative or even a half decent politician, it's a lying sexist racist narcissist with the credentials of Kim Kardashian calling the shots. People are so desperate they truly believe he is going to steer the economy, unemployment, and your society on a better path, that he has less self interest than the usual rank and file politicians. They spent a truckload of money convincing the ordinary American he is the grail you are looking for, wake up America....

E B

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1481249319|4105772 said:
He has changed his own personal views on gun control and abortion simply to win conservative votes.

Bingo. This is why we're not seeing a pushback on his cabinet, and why we won't when he continues to ignore the "white working class." I suspect those two things, plus fear of Mexicans and Muslims drove most of the enthusiasm for him, though I do feel awful for people who are truly hurting for work, for support. And for people who saw this coming from miles away but are now stuck with a President Trump.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say it again that most conservatives do not have banning abortion at the top of their list. When will you realize that half the country does not agree with liberal policies on economics and the role of government? It is just easier for you to shout social issues, or racism, or xenophobia, or misogyny, or whatever else that does not pertain to those two things. Europe is slowly waking up to the fact that a one world view does not work for their specific countries and what the people are willing to put up with. Because it is not all kumbaya and utopia. Renzi is resigning, Hollande isn't running, Merkel might not win - in fact she is trying to appeal to her scared population by banning burqas as she sees the writing on the wall.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11466/merkel-turns-we-need-burqa-and-niqab-bans-wherever-michael-qazvini

People are tired of the liberal agenda. If dems insist on name calling and derision they will continue down the path to irrelevance. I am all for keeping a watch on a president to not overstep his boundaries, as we all should be, but if you don't think that Obama overstepped his with the executive actions that are against what the people wanted then you are living in a fantasy world. EPA regulations comes to mind and that is another thing that conservatives do not have at the top of their list, climate change. Scientists cannot prove that any of these outrageously expensive regulations will have any measurable positive effect on the climate. That is not denying something is going on (man made or natural), but do not put the economy in the toilet if you cannot prove it will help change the path the planet is on.

E B

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1481296416|4105867 said:
but if you don't think that Obama overstepped his with the executive actions that are against what the people wanted then you are living in a fantasy world. EPA regulations comes to mind and that is another thing that conservatives do not have at the top of their list, climate change. Scientists cannot prove that any of these outrageously expensive regulations will have any measurable positive effect on the climate. That is not denying something is going on (man made or natural), but do not put the economy in the toilet if you cannot prove it will help change the path the planet is on.

More Americans continue to say stricter environmental laws and regulations are worth the cost (59%) than to say they cost too many jobs and hurt the economy (34%).

Moderate and liberal Republicans are more divided on this issue: 46% think environmental regulations cost too many jobs and hurt the economy, 47% say they are worth the cost.

Some. Not the majority. Just to use your specific example. Just like the majority of this country's voters didn't want Trump, I guess.

Source (it's several pages long, but interesting! Especially the part about discrimination.): http://www.people-press.org/2016/12...-environment-immigration-race-views-of-islam/

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a problem with the "overall" numbers in that study. The methodology shown below is nearly 20% favoring dem/lean dem which will skew the Totals. If studies do not sample equally then I cannot take them as a true study without some bias. Thank you for linking as the breakout numbers are interesting.

methodolgy.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone is overreacting. Trump should NEVER have been elected president of the free world and if it takes a term in office for him to turn your country into a racist, sexist quagmire of hatred led by a puerile pseudo TV/internet star then I feel sorry for all the critically thinking people who now live in fear of what their country will become. People voted for Trump because he was supposed to represent the common man, a change of the type of representative, to help the ordinary struggling citizen and to help your flailing economy, yet realistically a guy that rips off workers himself, has done countless shady deals in his own business dealings and threw a thousand dollar a head party after he was elected is somehow going to be the holy saviour of your economic woes..... He has changed his own personal views on gun control and abortion simply to win conservative votes.

I'm sorry your country was in such a state of despair that he was even a contender let alone elected, but creating more division and creating a cabinet with sexist racist corrupt buddies of his is NEVER going to end well.

A man who poops in a gold toilet has been chosen to lead because he represents the common man. The irony is overwhelming.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1481301957|4105902 said:

A man who poops in a gold toilet has been chosen to lead because he represents the common man. The irony is overwhelming.

His overwhelming affinity to gold in decorating is quite over the top, but if Clinton, Obama, or Romney wanted a gold toilet they could afford it as well. :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481302479|4105905 said:
His overwhelming affinity to gold in decorating is quite over the top, but if Clinton, Obama, or Romney wanted a gold toilet they could afford it as well. :wavey:

Perhaps they could, but they, as far as we know, poop in good old porcelain like the rest of us. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481296416|4105867 said:
I will say it again that most conservatives do not have banning abortion at the top of their list. When will you realize that half the country does not agree with liberal policies on economics and the role of government? It is just easier for you to shout social issues, or racism, or xenophobia, or misogyny, or whatever else that does not pertain to those two things. Europe is slowly waking up to the fact that a one world view does not work for their specific countries and what the people are willing to put up with. Because it is not all kumbaya and utopia. Renzi is resigning, Hollande isn't running, Merkel might not win - in fact she is trying to appeal to her scared population by banning burqas as she sees the writing on the wall.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11466/merkel-turns-we-need-burqa-and-niqab-bans-wherever-michael-qazvini

People are tired of the liberal agenda. If dems insist on name calling and derision they will continue down the path to irrelevance. I am all for keeping a watch on a president to not overstep his boundaries, as we all should be, but if you don't think that Obama overstepped his with the executive actions that are against what the people wanted then you are living in a fantasy world. EPA regulations comes to mind and that is another thing that conservatives do not have at the top of their list, climate change. Scientists cannot prove that any of these outrageously expensive regulations will have any measurable positive effect on the climate. That is not denying something is going on (man made or natural), but do not put the economy in the toilet if you cannot prove it will help change the path the planet is on.
How can you say that people are tired of the liberal agenda when Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 2.7 million votes?

It isn't climate change that will put our economy in the toilet. The two unnecessary wars that were waged were WILDLY expensive...Republican, oil filled, Halliburton agenda. Also, we continue to stuff the pockets of businesses in the form of corporate welfare when these businesses produce no product, play the stock market all day, and do not employ a single American person. These are the sinkholes to our budget.

Donald Trump wants to grow our Military when our top generals have advised that we downsize. We don't need boots on the ground as much as we did in the past. But donald is dumb...and I'm sure there is some sort of business contract somewhere in the war industrial complex who will profit off of this move.

His financial plan was such a disaster that it was rejected by Congress.

BTW, It is really great that he will remain a producer of The Celebrity Apprentice while being President of the United States, a direct violation of The Consititution.

What gets me is that he thinks he's going to stroll in and make his own rules as if he's some kind of emperor.

I don't feel as if my clock has been cleaned. This was never about competition. I love my country and the people in it. That's why I am a liberal. I think the term is "bleeding heart liberal." I always wanted a political environment where I could trust the politicians to some degree. I wanted to vote in such a way where I was trying to get public programs for everyone and the republicans were trying to be fiscally responsible and we all met in the middle and a balance was struck and were friends about it...because the politicians came through for us. This simply isn't happening. The politicians have gotten too dirty. This election has proven it to be true on both sides.

Btw red, I thought my prepping conservative friends were kooks because they were operating on the rumor that Obama was a Muslim from Kenya, sent to ruin our country. There was no basis for this ugliness. Trump is proving, through his own actions that he isn't trustworthy or sound, or qualified to be president.

I wonder what would have happened if Obama would have appointed a high ranking Black Panther to his cabinet. How would the Republicans felt? How would everyone felt? Do black men even have this luxury to be so bold? Why does the old white guy get to have a token racist in his cabinet? I'm pissed about this.

I'm not walking around wailing. It is more a sinking feeling in my heart. I wonder how you don't have it...even just a little bit. If nothing else, Trump is embarrassing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1481303073|4105908 said:

Perhaps they could, but they, as far as we know, poop in good old porcelain like the rest of us. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

LOL. They are not like the "rest of us" :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481303199|4105910 said:
Matata|1481303073|4105908 said:

LOL. They are not like the "rest of us" :lol:
What? Are you going to tell me that they're pooping gold bricks into their porcelain thrones?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1481303153|4105909 said:
BTW, It is really great that he will remain a producer of The Celebrity Apprentice while being President of the United States, a direct violation of The Consititution.

I wonder what would have happened if Obama would have appointed a high ranking Black Panther to his cabinet. How would the Republicans felt? How would everyone felt? Do black men even have this luxury to be so bold? Why does the old white guy get to have a token racist in his cabinet?

House Cat,
I am not well versed in the US Constitution. Which one is he violating?
The comparison of Obama + Black Panther vs Trump + White Supremacist seems apt. Nobody seems to care and that is scary to me. Maybe because they are also white so they know that they are safe?

E B

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1481301060|4105898 said:
I have a problem with the "overall" numbers in that study. The methodology shown below is nearly 20% favoring dem/lean dem which will skew the Totals. If studies do not sample equally then I cannot take them as a true study without some bias. Thank you for linking as the breakout numbers are interesting.

Red, they explain the methodology in the text above the numbers. Pollsters (legitimate ones) don't weight by party self-identification. Besides, the country isn't split into equal numbers of democrats, republicans, and independents, so why should polls be? Within party self-identification, it shows a pretty even split between more 'liberal/moderate' republicans, and democrats overwhelmingly favor.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1481303957|4105912 said:
House Cat,
I am not well versed in the US Constitution. Which one is he violating?
The comparison of Obama + Black Panther vs Trump + White Supremacist seems apt. Nobody seems to care and that is scary to me. Maybe because they are also white so they know that they are safe?

Not answering for House Cat, but this explains a bit about what I've read:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2016/12/economist-explains-2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1481301957|4105902 said:

A man who poops in a gold toilet has been chosen to lead because he represents the common man. The irony is overwhelming.[/quote]
I don't think the Clintons are pooping on a rusty toilet... :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results