shape
carat
color
clarity

Dealer pricing "-30 for a wire transfer"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dsvk

Rough_Rock
A friend of mine is working with a distributor to purchase a diamond and I saw their email which said "the 1.52 is -30 for a wire transfer" it didn''t list any other prices. Is that some sort of special code that jewelers speak?

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
Maybe they mean the price is the cost minus 30 bucks for a wire transfer. Some places offer a discount if you pay by wire transfer, so that they won''t have to pay the fees associated with a credit card transaction. And I dunno about other banks, but mine charges $30 for a bank wire transfer.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Chincy!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Denise,
There is a wholesale diamond pricing sheet, called the Rappaport Report.
Generally, if a delaer is quoting "30 back" they are referring to a discount off this list.
BUT- a price of 30% off the sheet, in today''s market, means something drastically wrong somewhere

dsvk

Rough_Rock
This is what we are looking at an Asscher 1.52 G VVS1 GIA 71.10 74.00 VG. Any idea what the Rapaport price would be? I''m assuming then my friend gets a discount off of that (possibly the 30).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results