shape
carat
color
clarity

DC Winter Wonderland (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone. The snow finally arrived, and it''s still coming down now. We live in Southern MD (southeast of the district) near the Chesapeake Bay. I ran out at 7:00 this a.m. to get a few pics. Everything looks like a Christmas card it''s so pretty out there. Enjoy!

P2120768-1.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Another . . .

P2120770-1.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

P2120773-1.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Only a couple more.

P2120775-1.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Last one . . .

P2120784-1.JPG

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Great photos DL. We have somewhat more snow up here in Fairfax, probably 8-10 inches. Besides shoveling out, I guess the next big challenge is the temperatures in the teens we are supposed to get tonight.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OH DL- Love the pictures.
They look great. I feel like I''m right there.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures, Diamondlil!!
36.gif
There''s just something so peaceful about newly fallen snow.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just love the calm, silent serenity snow brings. thanks for sharing the pics diamondlil!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Nice pics! It''s not supposed to stop snowing in Boston till 7pm. Ugh. I''ts pretty until you have to shovel it
7.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone. I love the look of the trees very early in the morning with the snow on the branches -- so peaceful. And the silence is wonderful. Now it''s getting bright, and I have to squint without my sunglasses. A few of the neighborhood children are sledding down our hill, so there goes the pristine look.

I gave each of my kids a shovel and told them to get started on the driveway. They''ll do anything for a few bucks.
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures DL! I love the one from the inside looking out.

I know what you mean about how quiet it is outside after it snows. I love that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you are a bundle of energy, diamondlil! I am in my pajamas and planning to return to bed with my book! I''d like to have photos of the snow while it is still on the trees...but not at the cost of having to go out to take them!

Thank you for sharing yours!

BTW, you have a gorgeous home!

Deb
34.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
LOL. Well, if it makes you feel any better, Deb, I put on my snow parka and ski pants right over my PJs when I headed out. With my ginormous hood up, no one could see my bed-head. I immediately came back in and put on my slippers and robe, and I''m still in them at 11:20!!!!! The kids and hubby are all outside working their butts off though.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t wake up till 11:00. It was great to sleep in. We got 15 inches!! Diamondlil, as always those pics were great. Looks like a winter wonderland!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brrr Lil!! Stay inside where it''s warm and cozy! Love the picture of the house, definitely Christmas card material!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh lord, here I was pissed off yesterday because we got an inch! I hate snow! Your pictures are beautiful, though. Good thing you have a built in "snow removal" crew in the neighborhood!!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
All we got was a little bit.
8.gif
Right now it is spitting snow and the SUN is shining
29.gif

Thanks for the pics, I can enjoy the snow vicariously through you. Love your house, especially the inside shot. We have similar tastes in decor.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Kaleigh, 15 inches???? Now that''s what I call a snowstorm. I only like snow if it''s at least 4 or 5 inches. Less than that, it''s just a big annoyance. Of course, with melting and road dirt, it will start looking ugly tomorrow, and I don''t like that either. So, I live for today!
2.gif

I thought we were done with snow, but it''s snowing giant flakes here again. I better find my son. He''ll need to re-shovel the driveway soon.
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the pics DL. Hubby and I are both from the north and really miss it. We''re lucky to see and inch in TN. Of course, I don''t miss how dirty everything looks once it starts to melt either
14.gif
. My kids would love playing in your backyard
1.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 3:43:05 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Love the pics DL. Hubby and I are both from the north and really miss it. We''re lucky to see and inch in TN. Of course, I don''t miss how dirty everything looks once it starts to melt either
14.gif
. My kids would love playing in your backyard
1.gif
I''m in Tn too(South East) so I know how rarelly we get it. This was supposed to be a good amount this weekend and what little lays melts w/in the hour.
7.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey DL
35.gif

beautiful pictures
30.gif
can you ship me like 4000 lbs? so i can spread it all over my front lawn and make a snowman too.
36.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Those pictures are beautiful! I love when snow sticks to tree branches like that...making everything look so white.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures Diamondlil! No snow here in the southwest, so thanks for sharing. Send some of that moisture down here please.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pics Lil!! Puts me right back on the east coast from here in sunny CA where you hardly need a jacket today! My parents called and said they got 2 feet (NJ)....brrrrr!!! Looks so serene in pictures...shoveling....another story. But as long as there''s hot chocolate waiting inside....it''s worth it I guess.
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures! I too love the one from the inside looking out....so cozy.

Heather

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping someone would post pics of the snowstorm since I know there are many PSers in my area. We took some too but they don't have that eerie early-morning the-world-is-hushed element to them like yours convey so well - so pretty. Thanks for sharing them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results