shape
carat
color
clarity

David Yurman silver chain problem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

My DH bought himself a gunmetal (oxidized???) silver David Yurman chain last year. He wore it while golfing in Spain and it became badly tarnished from the sunscreen he was wearing. On his return, he dropped it into a silver dip solution and polished the heck out of it, obviously ruining the gunmental look. Is there anything that can be done, or is he stuck with this gorgeous shiny chain? I thought about just leaving it out to darken a wee bit.
33.gif
By the way, how would you clean gunmetal or oxidized silver safely??

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I would send it back to David Yurman and have them re-oxidize it. It is a service that they provide, they may charge you for it, but it will look like it did when new!

I wish you well,

Bridget

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That''s great news! Thanks!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
don''t ever dip silver it ruins it. use the polishing paste instead.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i won''t even use paste on my silver jewelry! i use a jewelers'' cloth.

movie zombie

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a jewler told you they had a dip that worked really really well would you run away from that jewler?

One told me this today.

tessa

Shiny_Rock
a quick dip in gemcare shouldn''t hurt it.

I dip to get the grease off the diamond and then take it out right away to polish it with the cloth.
The oxidation is chemically induced and should not just float away in a dip.

But don''t soak it, just dip it.

And really, that is why DY provides the care cloths- unless you have stones, you should really only need the cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results