shape
carat
color
clarity

Daughter''s Tiffany Present stolen from our bags!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I ham devastated!!! Today is my daughter''s 17th birthday. Her daddy bought her a Tiffany key ring for her as she gets her driver''s license in 2 weeks. We ought it in New York and carried the gift wrapped box and package home to Australia. Tonight her dad gave it to her and when she opened the wallet there was nothing inside!!! The envelope was there but the receipt had gone too! I think someones stole it from our bags either in transit or at the hotel!
I am at a loss and feel so stupid. The ribbon looked a little dishevelled but I NEVER would have thought that some low life would do such a thing.Talk about naive!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that. That''s awful.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Kate that is terrible what a low life, don''t feel stupid there is so many things to think about when your traveling and transferring and some of these people are really good at it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How awful! I''m sorry, but I hope she still has a happy birthday.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
i''m so sorry-how disappointing for you. we gave our daughter a heart engraved key chain as one of her graduation presents, her first tiffany piece and a special engraved "private" saying from mom to daughter so she could be reminded daily how much i love her. i know she loved opening that blue box! so sorry...people are cruel and i believe in karma/what goes around comes around/etc.. hope she had a good bday anyway
1.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really terrible.
8.gif
You must have been so angry and disappointed. I hope she was still able to have a happy birthday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that''s just awful! Not that this would make it much better, but what credit card did you make the purchase on? Some cards (like American Express) offer some form of "insurance" for lack of a better word in events like this. It certainly can''t hurt to call your card company and ask. Big hugs.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Kate I''m so sorry!
7.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
OMG how terrible for you!!! Is there a reason why you guys didn''t carry it on with you, like in your purse or something?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ooohh, some people! I''m so sorry that happened, but I hope your daughter had a great b-day anyway.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Kate, that''s stinks!! I hope your daughter had a happy birthday inspite of this.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about this. I have had several items stolen from my bags ever since the TSA instituted the random bags checks. Did the bag that the gift was in have a 'this bag was inspected by the TSA' flier in it? If so, I would file a claim report with the TSA. In your case, you have pretty strong evidence since they left the box. Very few, but not not nearly enough, airports keep surveillance tape of the TSA sorting area, too, so that might be something to check.

A happy birthday to your daughter, too.

ETA: Just saw that you were from Australia and thought I should elaborate that TSA = Transportation Security Administration, an agency instituted in the States as part of Homeland Security after 9/11

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kate, I am so sorry that is awful!!!!
38.gif
I do hope your daughters birthday was beautiful despite that.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is beyond terrible! I''m so sorry that happened to you. I can''t blame you for feeling angry, hurt, and violated. Some people should just be ashamed...
38.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww. So sorry to hear that. I hope you can afford to replace it as it sounds like such a perfect gift for your daughter.

I never carry anything valuable in my checked luggage. I know my stuff has been rifled through more than once and it is just too tempting for some people who have no way of getting caught.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I am so sorry. I can''t imagine how shocking that must have been for you! I hope she had a wonderful birthday.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
wow that''s awful.... I''m sorry.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear this! I am sure it was SUCH a disappointment!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. It really upsets me, how people think they can just do what they darn well please.

I hope your daughter had a very happy birthday anyway. Please take Dee''s advice and call your credit card company, maybe they will be able to help you.

Linda

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Aww you guys are the best
35.gif
I wake up and find all the consoling posts and some useful information too! Thanks everybody!
I am a pretty together person and am usually very capable of ''coping'' with whatever life sends my way. But I was so ANGRY last night. DH and I were so excited to give my DD this present and we were like to kids waiting for Santa as she opened the package. Camera was ready and DA DA The look on her face was not the one we wanted to see!!!!
She was so mature about it but some ***** stole that moment and they are the pits.
The good news thanks to you Dee Jay is that we are covered by American Express and it just so happens we will be going to Melbourne today and they have one in stock there.
I rang Tiffany''s this morning in the USA and they could only tell that according to their records it wasn''t returned.
We think it was removed from our bags after we had checked out of our hotel in Santa Monica but had our bags at the hotel. I had all my other jewellery including my Whiteflash purchased on me but this was buried in the suit case and I thought it would be OK. They weren''t locked which again is stupid but previously our locks had been broken for a TSA inspection.
Lessons learnt i guess and I sure do believe in karma and I know that it will bite them big time.
Thanks my friends.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kate,

I am so glad American Express will take care of it for you. Wonderful news, you can get your daughter another key chain. So happy to hear that.
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh that is so terrible!
39.gif
I am so sorry about that. That''s too bad.
38.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2008 5:09:26 PM
Author: katebar
Aww you guys are the best
35.gif
I wake up and find all the consoling posts and some useful information too! Thanks everybody!
I am a pretty together person and am usually very capable of ''coping'' with whatever life sends my way. But I was so ANGRY last night. DH and I were so excited to give my DD this present and we were like to kids waiting for Santa as she opened the package. Camera was ready and DA DA The look on her face was not the one we wanted to see!!!!
She was so mature about it but some ***** stole that moment and they are the pits.
The good news thanks to you Dee Jay is that we are covered by American Express and it just so happens we will be going to Melbourne today and they have one in stock there.
I rang Tiffany''s this morning in the USA and they could only tell that according to their records it wasn''t returned.
We think it was removed from our bags after we had checked out of our hotel in Santa Monica but had our bags at the hotel. I had all my other jewellery including my Whiteflash purchased on me but this was buried in the suit case and I thought it would be OK. They weren''t locked which again is stupid but previously our locks had been broken for a TSA inspection.
Lessons learnt i guess and I sure do believe in karma and I know that it will bite them big time.
Thanks my friends.

That''s GREAT news! I am so sorry that this happened, and I know it won''t be the same in terms of emotional value for you guys, but at least you don''t have to pay for another one.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know American Express did that! What a nice feature. I agree, it won''t be 100% the same BUT in the end she''ll be happy!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Horrible! Despicable! Appalling! Shame on them!!
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
what goes around comes around...they will get theirs someday...its nice that you didnt totally miss out and can get another gift for your daughter...I still carry the silver key chain that my father bought me when i recieved my drivers licence way back in 77(thats 1977).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results