shape
carat
color
clarity

Date on GemEx report dated after the day that I recieved the diamond!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevin_79

Rough_Rock
I purchased and got the diamond on 3/16/05. About 20 days later the GemEx report was sent to me from the vendor and the date on the report is dated 3/31/05. I called up the vendor and asked them what is the reason for the dates discrepancy.
They explained that they sent my diamond out for testing prior they sold it to me but the printer was broken so the report couldn''t generate and the GemEx report only dated on the date that it prints out not the testing date. Is it true?

Sorry for my grammar.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2005 4:57:28 PM
Author:kevin_79
I purchased and got the diamond on 3/16/05. About 20 days later the GemEx report was sent to me from the vendor and the date on the report is dated 3/31/05. I called up the vendor and asked them what is the reason for the dates discrepancy.
They explained that they sent my diamond out for testing prior they sold it to me but the printer was broken so the report couldn't generate and the GemEx report only dated on the date that it prints out not the testing date. Is it true?

Sorry for my grammar.

Hi Kevin

The question you made above is a "possible" yes. We don't have a field to date the report. It is possible that the dates from the original scan by analyzer, the submission date to gemex, and the date the report was printed may be different. The person doing the analyzer scan can send their reports to Gemex immediately or perhaps the nest day, most likely based on how many reports they've done.

I have some questions for you though. Did the seller have the brilliance scope viewer, analyzer or both?

Those with just the viewer can't do scans that issue the reports. It is possible that the diamond was originally scanned by the cutter if not the seller, and then the seller requests the printed report from Gemex.

I am assuming your report is a four color report that is laminated. If not, that could be quite a different situation.

You do raise a very valid point that the report format should state the date for scanning as well as the date it was printed by Gemex. The laminated reports are only issued by Gemex itself. Before a report or .gif file is generated legitimately, Gemex "audits" the report and its accuracy, approves or rejects an image, and issues the report after the scanning is done. Several days can go by during each step of the procedue

On the inital scan report there is a software version. The latest is 6.10. This version is the one that is needed to view your report on Gemex's Live Report site.

If the version of 6.10 is there, and you have a laminated authentic laminated report, you can go to the gemex site, go to live report section, type in the report number and view a copy of your report, that will also display the animated "photos" of the six images based on each sections it does.

If you scan a copy of the report you received, and post it here, I can tell you more.

Hope this helps

Rockdoc

kevin_79

Rough_Rock
Hi RockDoc,

Yes, my GemEx report is a four color report and laminated. Thanks for your explaination on the date issue of the GemEx report.

I think it would be better if both, the scanning date and the printing date, list on the report.

Thanks for your reply,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results