shape
carat
color
clarity

date night ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
or date day ideas too.
9.gif
I thought it might be fun to see what all the newly married ladies like to do on dates. One of my favorites is to pack a picnic lunch and go to the beach we got married at. Or going to the sushi bar, stuffing ourselves silly, and bringing green tea ice cream home for dessert. Yum.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
We love Love LOVE trying out new restaurants. Before DH and I started dating he only ate perkins, or mcdonalds. Then I got him to try new places that he ended up loving! Now we try to eat somewhere new if we can
1.gif

Also we go golfing a lot, and mini golfing as well. His family holds a golf tournament every year and I try my hardest not to get last place lol
That and movies are fun, driving up in the mountains to the hot springs or to go camping
1.gif
Concerts are always good too and we like to go bowling. Or sometimes we''ll go to Barnes&Noble and just spend a couple hours wandering around.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
yum... I love green tea ice cream.

we don''t do much dating because we love to sit at home and watch tv/movies, especially now that it''s freezing outside. if we do go out, it''s to watch an IMAX movie. once in a blue moon we also like to visit a thermal spa for the day.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 4:56:56 AM
Author: noelwr
we don''t do much dating because we love to sit at home and watch tv/movies, especially now that it''s freezing outside. if we do go out, it''s to watch an IMAX movie. once in a blue moon we also like to visit a thermal spa for the day.
I''m with you - we spend a lot of our time hanging out at home, making dinner or occasionally ordering in, watching movies, etc.

Occasionally we like to drive to a new town and check it out (or NYC). I really like walking around, so going to NYC gives us hours of walking wherever we want and then we''ll usually stop for something to eat at one of our favorite places (or try out a new nicer restaurant if we feel like spending more money).

Wineries are also fun. Whenever we drive across NY state to visit MIL we''ll stop off at a few of our favorite upstate wineries. We also did a mini wine tour of CT one weekend. Next stop, Hudson Valley wines and then hopefully Long Island wines one of these days.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Another TV dater here. But, we also have game nights sometimes (just last night, we had a Rock Band and dinner "date"). We are also big foodies, so we go out to dinner for dates a lot.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
While not my DH, I thought I''d chime in with what we do. Neither one of us is super picky, and we''re both happy to do whatever the other one really wants. However, sometimes that can get annoying because we never make any decisions on what to do! So, we came up with a plan. We trade back and forth on who "plans" date night. When it''s his turn he''ll pick the restaurant and activity and when it''s my turn I do the same. Some nights I don''t get to do exactly what would make me happy, but it''s an easy way to keep both of us happy. Also, when you are planning the whole night it''s kind of fun. We get creative and do silly things like get Chick fil A at the mall and people watch or take a dog for the day at the local animal shelter. I should add that we''re not adopting a pet for the day, but the shelter asks for volunteers to take the dogs for an afternoon to walk or play, etc.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 12:49:35 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I should add that we''re not adopting a pet for the day, but the shelter asks for volunteers to take the dogs for an afternoon to walk or play, etc.

Wow that sounds like fun! I''m gonna check to see if our shelter has that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results