shape
carat
color
clarity

dark/dull looking ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2006 2:44:55 PM
Author: jmartini

I paid $4450 for my stone.
6mm could be less than 90 pts... and this wasn't much cheaper than some H&A with similar specs posted here.
38.gif

How about E-Si1... $3800

LINK

AGS0 says 'Ideal' on the lab report this time, and the thing has a nice HCA score (.7).

Anyway, just an example - that the price gives didn't quite discount the DIY cut grading.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 2:34:40 PM
Author: jmartini
>>>>There might just be a quick way to tell if my hunch is right for the occasion: there is one little movie that describes what I am referring to. Take a 5 min look clip called 'Head Obstruction' in Pricescope's Video Gallery. Try it out on your diamond and.... tell us if this is it or not (if you want to).>>>>

Thank you so much for that suggestion. I tried that on my diamond and, at first, it seemed like that was exactly what was going on. However, after reading the newsletters at ideal-scope.com, I feel like what I am seeing may really be more a case of light leaking out. I think what I am seeing is a dark circle around the center of the diamond (but not the center, if that makes any sense). Also, I just got the GIA cert in the mail today. The measurements for my .90 RB is 6.09-6.15 x 3.87, Depth 63.2% and Table 58% with a Girdle of Medium to Thick, Faceted. Ugh, I really wish I had known to get the crown and pavillion angles (sarin report or something like that, right?).

So, if this diamond is supposed to be an Ideal Cut (although it doesn't say that on the cert, but shouldn't it?), I guess I thought that it automatically wouldn't have light leakage. I feel like a dummy now. Now I wonder if it would be worth it to purchase an ideal scope to look at this diamond and to take it with me to look at other diamonds if I decide to exchange this one. The owner also said this was a 'machine cut' diamond (better than a hand cut diamond). I'm feeling like my husband and I made a huge mistake and buyers remorse is setting in
7.gif

Thank you all for being here to answer questions.

Jen

This is why I posted what I did originally. Although your diamond is termed and "ideal" cut, it seemed the depth is pushing (if not past)the maximum allowed measurement for the cut (from my research). My diamond is supposedly an ideal cut as well, but my GIA report doesn't state it. However, when I sent my diamond to an independent appraiser before purchasing, it was analyzed as an AGS Grade O (not sure how many 0's though) and a GIA grade EX/VG. Perhaps your diamond dealer was exaggerating the quality using the term "ideal" in the incorrect way as stated by John?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results