shape
carat
color
clarity

dance practice

KA

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

I have been reading these forums for a while, but almost never post on hangout. But I wanted to share something, and get some advise. My fiance and I are getting married in India in December (and then here in May), and for the indian wedding, we need to learn a dance. The night before the wedding in india, there is a music and dance night, where there is a stage, and various people dance. At the end, they push the bride and the groom on, and they have to also put on a show. We are both really awkward and can't dance, so if we don't prepare, we will be uncomfortable and awkward. So after looking about, we decided to copy the moves from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFZb422DUFE

We aren't going to be as good, but the steps seem learnable. We learnt the first 30 sec yesterday, and plan to practice 3-4 times a week for the next few weeks.

Since my fiance is american, we also want to incorporate some western dance into the routine. We were thinking, we'd do the first 2 to 2.5 min of this one, and then transition into something western. But I haven't found a good video to learn an easy dance from. Do you have any suggestions? A two min routine where we can learn the steps in a few weeks, with no dance experience. And it needs to be a little showy, since it is on the stage and 200 people are watching you, so you can't just sway to music. I know it is a tall order. We know we won't be awesome, but as long as we look comfortable, and aren't too terrible, I think people will forgive us. It is our wedding after all :)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
welcome to Hangout ! I would embrase your acwardness! have fun with it and your guests will too. i would spend some time getting comfortable with dancing with each other and in the end the time spent practicing will pay off on your big day. come up with a presentation that has some real dance and some fun moves.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

While not entirely western, I would opt for a rumba or if you had more time, a tango, but that would be harder to learn than a rumba.
You can make it a bit showy, but I do not know any videos you could learn from. Maybe someone else will know.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results