shape
carat
color
clarity

Dallas Diamonds/Diamond Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever worked with Dallas Diamonds (aka www.diamonddoctor.com)? They have an online inventory and I have an appointment to go see them, but am wondering if I should take the time to drive to Houston instead. Anyone ever have any experience with them?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I could not find much about them on the internet, and your post was the only one here on PS. Go and visit them. Just remember to ask for all of the numbers. Do they use idealscopes, ISEE2, or sarin info? Good Luck!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
After looking at their page for a little bit I am a wee bit put off. Why do they have multiple styles of back grounds? Sometimes there is a whiteish/grayish background and sometimes none, others it is black. This seems odd to me. JMO.
Where are you in Texas? I know driving for long periods of time can be dull, but this is one of the most major purchases of your entire life. You want it to be perfect.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what did you decide?

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
I haven''t decided yet. I am still looking. I have also been looking at DCD and have entertained driving to Houston to go to Whiteflash. I live in the Dallas area. There is also a B&M family owned just a few miles from my house that I may end up working with. I have a diamond to trade in (an estate piece). The family owned seems to be straight up with their pieces and willing to trade fairly. They also seem to have their diamonds marked with a fair price and have told me that they are willing to beat anyone on a stone with comprable specs. He even asked that I print out all information on any diamonds I see online, bring them in, and he will find something even nicer for less. I''m not so sure about that, because I have been finding some pretty good prices on different stones. I will let you know what I decide.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please let me know what you decide, as I also live in the Dallas area (Plano) and work directly across the street from the Galleria Towers. My b/f and I have to drive down to Houston in 3 weeks, and I''ve asked if we can go visit Whiteflash while we''re there. He has said it''s a definite possibility.

Good luck with your search!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can go to WF, it''s definitely worth it IMHO.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2005 5:23:56 PM
Author: kaleigh
If you can go to WF, it''s definitely worth it IMHO.
Despite the fact that Dallasdiamond doctor may be swell, I''m with Kaleigh. Consider Pricescope as like ConsumerReports for diamonds. With WF, you have the opportunity for a lot and lot of feedback on that one vendor, most of which has been quite positive. This is good.

Regards,

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Well I visted Diamond Doctor. I posted in a thread called "Which stone should I pick?" if your interested. They were really nice. They have a trade up policy that I feel comfortable with. They''ll give me the exact amount I paid and I don''t have to spend double to upgrade in the future. She also said that many people upgrade several times without making huge jumps--so I shouldn''t feel weird about making small upgrades if that''s what I wanted to do. They buy their diamonds direct and own all of their own diamonds. The owner said that one of the internet sites I had been looking at (one that''s talked about here) used to buy all of their stones from him. I looked at a .80 GIA stone and a .92 GIA stone. I can''t decide if I should spend the extra money right now. I''ll let you know what I decide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results