shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread Thursday 8/4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Ladies! Today I decided to get up and go swimming again. It really feels like it is helping with my showler joints popping.
3.gif
So it was back in the pool for me. Today was 2/3 of a mile and I am shooting to get in more later tonight if I have the time.
Have a great day!
35.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhh, Matatora- a swimming workout sounds so good right now!!!!! Do you ever do any moves with weights or blocks or any of that stuff made for water exercise? I always think I''d like that but no pool for me & no pool at my gym.

How are you doing sticking to atkins? I looked at the amount of carbs I''m taking in on my "diet" now and guess I am in no way a candidate for lo-carb eating
3.gif

No gym for me this morning- I had some bad back pain yesterday (job induced- heavy lifting and repetitve movements, ouch) so I decided to give it a little time to rest. If it feels better tonight I think I''ll walk after work. Stepped on the scale just to see whats going on- down another 1 1/2 lbs so it looks like I''m still doing well, although no more 6lb weight loss per week for me...guess its back to the safe & sane 1-2 per week. and I gave in to the cookie monster yesterday and had one of those delicious white chocolate macadamia nut cookies from Costco- I think there was more fat in that cookie than in any meal I''ve eaten in the last week- but it was very good
9.gif

Hope everyone is doing well, keeping cool & having fun!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I met with my new trainer this morning and all I have to say is YEAH!!!

The workout was difficult, but not impossible. I think my legs are going to really hurt tomorrow though. We worked out a goal for the upcoming week. Twice a week of cardio (at least) and some of the moves we did today. The trainer seems super nice. Easy to talk to and explains things well. We''re going to be doing pilates moves for all my stomach and back stuff.

I really feel like I have made some sort of mental breakthrough... but maybe it''s just today.

Now, if I could just keep the eating and drinking under check!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Way to go, Amanda!!!!!! I really believe in the concept of "flipping the switch" when its the right time to buckle down and get serious it kinda becomes easier, but you have to be ready for it. Hope every workout is as great as this morning!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies ~ I haven''t gotten in much exercise yet today but had to walk to the campus bookstore twice in 95 degrees so that got me sweating at least. I had an intersession class this morning but when I''d gone to the bookstore last week to see if there was a text, they didn''t seem to know anything about the class. So, this morning I found out they do have the text but I had talked to someone who was clueless... And so during our first break, I schlepped over & bought it... And when I get back to class from buying the book... They tell us the class has been cancelled... And, oops, they thought they''d notified us, but I guess they didn''t... So, I hauled my butt back to the bookstore to return the book, then back to my car... Not a whole lot, but in this heat I felt like I''d been walking for 2 hours!!

I''m planning on taking a walk later this evening after dinner... when it has cooled down... Matatora, your swimming workout is sounding HEAVENLY to me right now!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Teebee - that sounds miserable (all that walking in that heat!) (hence why I live in San Francisco - I couldn't handle that without passing out...). I think matatora has the right idea in the pool - I know that's the only place I'd be able to exercise if I lived somewhere that warm!

Amanda - that sounds like a great workout, and I'm so happy for you you've found a trainer who works for you. Best of luck with your goals for this week.

FFF - I am with you on the treat thing...I had a s'more at girls' night last night (but only one!), and I have two cake tastings this weekend...must exercise more...

I was a good girl at the gym this morning and I did my weights and then almost an hour on the elliptical trainer. Which is good because mommy and I are going shopping this afternoon to see if we can find me some pants that fit (she says, hitching up her size 8 jeans which are baggy enough to have become both unflattering and uncomfortable
9.gif
). I think I might also finally be nearing going down a cup size, which would be awesome - I am more than ready to say goodbye to the 34DDs (try finding THAT size at Victoria's Secret
3.gif
- if you're lucky they have white, black, and pink...I am so excited to buy bras in fun colors soon...hopefully just another couple of weeks
1.gif
).

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Yayyyyyy AmberGretchen!!!!! Loose pants, needing smaller bras all good things! and cake tastings are fun, so enjoy it guilt-free, you''ve worked so hard & a little trial wedding cake is just fine (and that s''more sounds yummy too!)

I''ve said it before, but congrats on your weight loss!!!!!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I just realized this was part of the LIW board and since I have been happily married for a few years now, I don''t think it would be right of me to post here. Sorry! I''ll stick peek in and give you all some motivation!!
35.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
LLL ~ I can only speak as a former LIW, but there are plenty of others who are married & have been married for some time now that post here in this forum & I think, especially in this thread where we are really working to help motivate and encourage each other, EVERYONE is welcome!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey LLL - I will second Teebee and say you are MORE THAN WELCOME here. We love to have as much support as possible and as many participants as possible! AChiO posts here as well (and Mara who has been married for a little while now), and she has been married for quite a while. And ideally, we (the LIW and in mine and Teebee''s cases former LIW soon-to-be-brides) will all be OMLs someday, and I for one like advice and perspective from as many people as possible, so please do join us. Welcome
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well just got home from an industry show the last 2 days and we walked 6 miles yesterday (~550 calories) and 3.5 miles (~300 calories) today...thanks to the handy pedometer keeping track for me as we visited booths. I''m tired and sore and ready to sleep in our own bed...but I have to say that we ate well too so I probably ate whatever I burned off!
6.gif

Tomorrow I''ll be back on the wagon just in time for the weekend.
20.gif

LLL....join in, sometimes talking about the workouts or what is working vs not can be fun. I know this is the LIW area but I figure a workout is a workout and everyone can benefit from experience!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results