shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 8/9

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I did the whole down and around thing last night. The down part is killing my knees becuase it is so steep. Why is it again that we live on a mountain? Oh well at least the veiw is lovely. I know it is good for me to get variety, I can feel the incline in vairous muscles. I can do 10 miles, a day, at school where it is basically flat and not feel a thing here it is making my bum hurt.
emembarrassed.gif
Still when I am coming up Jacob Ladder and I start to be able to see the gate lights I feel like victory is mine.
31.gif

AG- I hope your weigh in goes well today!
FFF- my dear where are you? Work again....no fun.

Question of the day? Are you trying to lose weight, get in shape, be more healthy or a combo of the three? And why?

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I''m here!!!! Just no workout to report yet because my car is in the shop
8.gif
and I hate driving my Bf''s car. Maybe after i pick up my car this afternoon.

WOW MATATORA!!!!!! Way to go, doing the down and around thing!!!!! I wish I could do more outdoors exercise, I really need to make that effort.

Although my posts seem to concentrate on weight-loss, I am also very concerned about my overall health & well-being. I would like to be more "fit"- less out of breath up and down a lot of stairs (by the end of the day, the subways kill me) I used to be very strong- able to lift heavy stuff, move furniture....I''m not so good with that stuff anymore. and I do worry about the stress on my heart, my knees- all that stuff. So for me it really is a combo of all three, but looking good is a huge payoff
9.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Good work gals!!!
3.gif

FFF, you''re on the right track by also considering losing weight for the health benefits! Many years ago, I only would only strive to lose weight so that I would look good physically. But I still smoked, drank alot, gave in and ate horribly, etc. Then after a major health scare two years ago, I decided to lose weight because I wanted to be healthy again. I quit smoking, cut back on alcohol and quit worrying about my diet so much, just ate in moderation. The weight came off easily! and not only did I get pretty healthy again, but my original goal of "looking good" happened as well!

Health is far more important than looks!!! This becomes apparent when you take two flights of stairs and realize that you aren''t even out of breath!
2.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I was not as good with the exercise this weekend as I would have liked to been, but yesterday I went to the zoo and walked around for five hours. I figure even at a slow pace that some calories had to have been burned! Afterwards, I was good and did my weight training exercises at the gym.

Tomorrow I see my trainer again so I''m pretty excited. I''m still trying to get my eating under control, but I''m reading all these books about compulsive eating so I''m going to try the ''no dieting'' way of losing weight.

Good job on for all the other ladies!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I thought i would chime in, maybe this is the kind of support i need. I slept in this morning, so I didnt make it to the gym, but i did walk 5 miles. Yesterday I rode my bike 10 miles and then when kayaking on Lake Michigan for just over an hour.
I have become so active that I need to seriously modify my eating to loose any weight. I have lost 10 pounds in the past 6 months, all for our trip to Maui this summer. Now that we are back my motivation is lacking. I am vain enough to say that I work out mainly for weight loss, but I also want to be healthy. I dont smoke, drink only in moderation but when it comes to food.... that is my weakness!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Question of the day? Are you trying to lose weight, get in shape, be more healthy or a combo of the three? And why?
Combo of the 3. I need to to be at a healthier weight for health reasons. I''d like to get in better shape for soccer and softball, and it would be nice to be more toned. And after this horrifying past weekend of trying on bridal wear, I must lose weight or I will look like a beached whale in a BM dress.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Today I''m heading to the gym to do some light weights and then either run 4 miles or ride the bike; I can''t decide which. I might need a "recovery" day since I ran a hard 4.5 miler yesterday, in which case I''ll do bike. I''m starting to train for a half marathon.
23.gif

BTW, I workout for a combo.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I'm planning to hop on my elliptical for half an hour when I get home tonight. I've started using it 2 months ago. I was very consistent at the beginning, using it 3 times per week, for at least 1/2 hour per use, and I actually lost 3 pounds after one month! But I've been sick for the past 2 weeks, so I haven't exercised at all, which is terrible. I'm afraid if I hop on that scale, I would have gained the 3 pounds back plus some more.
32.gif

To answer your question Mata, I'm exercising because I want to lose my baby weight. After Alyssa was born, I had 15 pounds that didn't come off. And finally after 1.5 years, I decided I definitely NEED to do something to lose this weight before even thinking about having another baby! Can you imagine if I had another kid and gained another 15 extra pounds? I'm planning to have 4 kids, so it means....an extra 60 pounds by the time I'm done!
6.gif
No way am I going to let that happen. I want to be a MILF! (For those of you who haven't seen the movie American Pie, MILF means "Mother I'd Like to F**k").
9.gif

So I really need the support from you guys! If I start getting lazy, PM my a$$ and yell at me!
9.gif

Thanks ahead for all the support that you guys will be giving!
35.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I am SO glad to have run across this thread! I am recently just got back into making me number 1 in the health department, especially working out.
emsmile.gif

With 2 elementary kids, one jr. higher, 2 highschoolers and 4 college-age kids, its easy to get swallowed up with responsibilities and obligations to the family. But I re-dedicated myself just last week to working out with a trainer and consulting with a dietitian. I know I have a ways to go--I ideally want to lose 30 lbs., 10-12lbs by the end of September, but I have to do this now that the kids--elementary age--are back in school.

I see the trainer and then I hit the gym 2-3 times a week. For me, that is really stepping it up and that is about all I can do for awhile, but I am conscientously watching what I eat and portion size. I have one day on the weekend that I permit myself to splurge a little--a margarita or two--but then I am back on track.
emthup.gif

Keeping a food log is becoming essential for me and my personality. I am consuming lean chicken, fish and turkey...no red meat and grains only once a day. Easy on the soda--maybe 1-2 times a week. I utilize protein shakes for me to get what I need per day and to stablize my blood sugar. So far, so good.
emembarrassed.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Well i''d like to do all three. I already have drastically altered my diet (i hate that word). I know i can make more improvements though. I don''t eat any meat. I do eat seafood often, like tuna and salmon to get protein and other things. i eat lots and lots of veggies. i never eat fast food.

I also have been working out consistently over the past 3 months. I work out 5 days a week at the gym (no weekends). 3-4 days a week i do 3 miles or so (25-35 minutes) of the elliptical machine. the other days a week i do weights for 30 minutes.

I do feel like i should be doing more. I have noticed about a 2 lb. difference, though on my body frame it''s a major difference!
i feel better- skinner. But, i want to be where i was a year ago. Toned and about 1" smaller about my theighs and waist.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am loving all the new posters! Welcome Ladies!
36.gif

Milly if you like I really will PM you when you "forget" to post.
I am jolly fat person and I thrilled that though we have diffrent goals in what we would like to see that we are all willing to lend and receive support.
9.gif

I went to the mall today and had the best time. I ate nothing, I love you Auntie Annes!
30.gif
, and didnt get a strawberry smoothie. I brought a bottle of water and everytime I was tempted took a sip to remind me I was not hungry. Though for me since when does hunger have anything to do with eating? I did almost three miles, which makes me happy.

Sound like Amanaga Panda and I have the same issues with food. When I am happy I eat, when I am sadi I eat, when I am bored, stressed, lonely, angry, frustrated, or studying...I eat. I am trying to change this.
I know I have only met 2 of you, the very lovely Buena Girl and Fountain Fair Fax, but I still feel a bit of peer pressure in a healthy way by posting about my exercise habits and weight.
I mean I cant really smidge the truth I am certain they would notice if I said I lost 20lbs and I looked the same.
I am trying to exercise more so I can get into running. I used to sprint but I could never run and maintain it and that is a dream I have always wanted to acheive.
And I am trying to lose the weight becuase my doctors are going to kill me if I dont, okay maybe not kill but I hate seeing them on holidays when I have no good news.
And I want to look cute for graduation, yes that is vain I know but I see all these pretty girls walking in white and I have no desire to look like a "beached whale" as BG put it.
Sorry for the long post.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...that is great! Keep up the good work...I want to be able to post my improvements as they start to happen and I can see it in my clothes
emsad.gif
...its SO hard tro be patient...but I will keep trying to be and stay on task!
emotion-5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been pretty slacky since coming home from the conference with all that walking. But today I will do about a mile and do my Core Secrets ab workout. Should make me feel more productive. Tonite is fish and veggies for me...last nite we had Chinese since it was Greg''s birthday, and I had amazing choco cake. Uh oh!

BUT I put on a pair of pants from last year which actually fit me tight around the waist (they did before even when I bought them) but loose everywhere else so yay. They are pretty old, aka 3 years and look somewhat ''floody'' but I was really happy to get into them.
They would not have fit me about 6 months ago in winter!

I want to lose a bit more weight...I''m already pretty healthy and have alot of muscle, always have since HS when I ran track religiously...my main goal now is to continue to focus on tightening things up (arms and thighs and butt) and also continue to lose a bit in my waist which is my #1 problem area. I could be thin everywhere else and my waist/belly is where anything shows. So gotta finish up that area. However, at this point I am very happy with where I am, basically back to pre-wedding weight (~10 lbs gone from winter most likely) but I''d like to see what happens if I can continue.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2005 6:14:39 PM
Author: Matatora

Milly if you like I really will PM you when you ''forget'' to post.

Thanks Matatora! That''ll be great. Like you and Amanda, I love love love to eat!!! I am such a fat kid at heart!
9.gif

I posted a picture of me and Sam in the Introduce yourself thread. You guys can check it out to get an idea of what I look like.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just got back from the gym about a 1/2 hour ago. I did my leg workout today, a few ab exercises and 30 min. on the elliptical. I was there for over an hour!
36.gif

I exercise in order to stay healthy, have energy, lose weight and protect my body against old age, hahaha. I love the way I feel after I exercise and how much better I look! I used to really hate it, but I think once you honestly start - if you don''t, you feel like something is missing.

Keep it up ladies, everyone is doing so well!!
30.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
So I got home today and did 20 mins on my elliptical (2.7 miles) and after that did half of my pilates routine. I just started the pilates today. I bought the DVD over 6 months ago and finally opened it today. And it was all because of the motivation I received from you guys. It feels good to know that we''re all going through the same thing.

Another bonus was I limited to eating only 75% of my dinner tonight. I''m trying hard to control the portions I eat since smaller portions more often is better than 3 large portions per day. Well, for me, it''s only 2 large portions, since I always skip breakfast, which is terrible. I am going to try eating some sort of breakfast. Maybe a banana or apple in the morning?

Do you guys want to start doing a monthly weigh in report? I mean we don''t have to say how much we weigh, but just how much weight we lost (or gained) in the last month. I don''t know if you all would be up for it, but I am. It would motivate me even more if I know I HAVE to report to the group on my progress in lbs. That way, if I slack off...I would feel embarrassed. With that being in the back of my mind, it would help me to work even harder. What do you say? Just a suggestion. If you guys don''t feel it is necessary, then it''s cool.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Hey right now some of us are posting once a week our weight loss. FFF& myself have been posting on Mondays and AG weighs in on Weds.
Whatever can be done to help just ask.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That''s cool! I''m going to start posting once a month the pounds that I have lost, since I heard a woman''s weight fluctuates anywhere between 3-5 pounds during the month, I don''t want to step on the scale and disappoint myself. I limit myself to weighing myself only once a month.

This thread seems to already have a positive impact on my goal already! Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results