shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 7/1/05

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hey gals, I didn''t see a thread started for today, so I figured I''d go ahead and start one!

Not much from me today, I just got back from the gym and did weights for my arms and legs. Then I went on the elliptical and did 3.5 miles on 4% incline. I''m pooped, going to take a shower and have dinner with the DH!

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2005 7:55:39 PM
Author:IrishEyes
Hey gals, I didn''t see a thread started for today, so I figured I''d go ahead and start one!

Not much from me today, I just got back from the gym and did weights for my arms and legs. Then I went on the elliptical and did 3.5 miles on 4% incline. I''m pooped, going to take a shower and have dinner with the DH!

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!
1.gif
Every little bit helps! Good Work!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Great job, Irish Eyes! I really think I''m going to switch back and forth between the arc and elliptical trainers- I''ve been doing mainly the arc and I need to mix things up again! And I STILL need to get the weights in- I''m going to do some upper body stuff here at home tonight.

Excuse the following rant: I wasn''t able to go to the gym either yesterday or today: I was working in NYC yesterday, caught a crazy-early 6am train, spent the entire day going from sales call to sales call and RUINED my feet!!!! This has never happened before- my shoes were a super-comfortable pair of dress sandals that I swore I could even power-walk in. Between the insane humidity and my added weight I guess my feet started to swell. At one point I actually felt the skin rolling on the bottom of my feet. My main problem was that I had set appointments and was working with another salesperson who is a 25 yr veteran of the territory: when I told him that I thought I had a little problem starting he kinda laughed it off and we continued to head for the subway. At one account I was sitting on a stool and my foot was so numb I didn''t realize my shoe fell off! But once the numbness wore off it was crazy, searing pain. I started moving slower, my insistance that I was grabbing a cab was vetoed and by the time I got back to Penn Stat things were beyond repair!!! I now have one large blister from the ball of my foot to the heel on each foot, plus blisters on the bottom of every toe on both feet and on the top of my toes and arch on my left foot. I CAN NOT EVEN WALK. Showering today was out of question and I spent last night and all today flat on my back, feet elevated.

Ok, these were not stilettos, maybe 1 1/2 inch chunky heels but from this point forward funky Puma athletic shoes are going to be a part of my working wardrobe....Walking around Manhattan in my new job was supposed to be a benefit for my health, weight and mental state- I was really looking forward to it. I wonder how long until these bloody stumps recover????? Thanks for reading this...I feel like an idiot!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh FFF I feel your pain... literally. My mother was trying to be sweet and she bought me a new pair of merrell hiking sandals becuase I all but live in the hiking shoes I have in the cooloer months... well I didnt break them in well enough before doing one of my evening walks in them, enter blisters that bleed on both of my big and littles toes the bottorm my heels, the back of my heels and the balls of my feet. The next day I wanted to cry with every step I took, I even drove the 1.5 miles to class....I ended up slathering my feet with neosporin pain and taping them up with medical tape. It looked bad and felt worse. What kind of shoes were you wearing? I cannot imagine trying to perform job wise in that kind of pain....you poor thing. I hope you feet feel better soon.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FFF, I feel so bad for you!!
6.gif
It sounds so painful, my feet are hurting just reading this! Definitely stay off them for awhile, don''t even worry about going to the gym until they are healed! Soak them in warm water too. Again, I''m so sorry you''re in such pain!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Matatora and IrishEyes, for your kind words and for reading my babble! I''m feeling like quite the fool right now
3.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
FFF...I''m sorry to hear about your feet! Sounds like you''re doing everything to take care of yourself!!

I worked out at Curves today...I''m maintaining my 157, so I guess that''s good...I''ve decided that unless I revamp my whole eating habits (which I don''t really want to do), I won''t be losing much more weight!!
8.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ava and I went 5.1 miles tongiht...and I took a couple of quick pictures with my new camera. Once I get the software installed I will see how they came out and ya''ll can see all of the neat things that are safe to walk by at night on my campus...and how cute my puppy looks when I let her have the leash....
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results