shape
carat
color
clarity

DAILY WORKOUT JOURNAL 2/18/05

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning to everyone & happy Friday!!!!!
Got in my 45 min on the elliptical at the gym this am

Feel very good but I''m still doing the boredom overeating thing so I''m going to keep a food journal just to see where I''m slipping up (I''m a compulsive overeater)If anyone has tips regarding out-of-control or boredom eating. please pass them along....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day & weekend!

How funny is it that at work yesterday everyone was discussing their goals of going down a size or two clothing-wise and I said "hey, I want to drop a RING size!" they think I''m crazy!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Fontain! Very good work on the elliptical machine.

As for me, I''ve stepped up my workout to 2 times a day, 1 hour of cardio. No binging last night, and this morning I had lost a pound. I think it might have been pms weight, but I feel a lot better regardless.

Have a nice day everyone!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 6:47:54 AM
Author:fountainfairfax

If anyone has tips regarding out-of-control or boredom eating. please pass them along....
Totally guilty of the eating because im bored. Im not always good at following this, but i try.

- Drink a big glass of water or tea and see if that helps
- Munch on "nothing" things... things like raw veggies and other non-fat, low calorie (50 or less) items. Mushrooms, carrots, celery, dill pickles... sometimes i even sprinkle on Old Bay Seasoning (or other similar seasoning, creole) on the veggies to give it a little kick
- Make yourself get up and do something. Clean. Check your email. Go to the bathroom. Anything to get your mind off food!
- Think of your goal! Last night watching TV i was totally craving some ice cream (just to have something to eat), but everytime i got up to get it, my wedding dress popped into my head!

I went to the gym last night and did the eliptical for 30 min. Planning on going this afternoon and doing some walking... my calves are killing me!
9.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Tonite is chest and arms! Love working out chest. Will report back my progress later.... Happy Friday!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Allycat- good job yourself!!! 2x a day is very ambitious and every pound counts!

NJC- thanks for all those good tips. I''m going to commit to cleaning tonight!

madarski

Rough_Rock
Pilates for me today!!! I'm doing my usual 2 DVD's: bun and thighs, and abs.

I heard that almonds are a great thing to snack on, they supposedly are a good metabolism booster.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Nuts are a great snack... but if you only eat however many are in a serving, like 8.

Personally, I cant do that. I need multiple handfuls of whatever it is to make me feel staisfied.
14.gif
Its kinda like id rather eat a cup of cereal dry with my hands than with milk in a bowl, because it takes me longer to eat it. Tricks myself into thinking im eating more even though it would be the same amount.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill & 15 on the bike... Still having some weird pain in my foot. I bought some new shoes which seemed to help somewhat but was still frustrated because I would have been able to kick up the intensity/speed but my foot was causing me so much discomfort... Not sure what to do about it...

So far I have not yet started back with the strength training ~ I think I''m going to focus on my cardio & water goals first and add the strength training in a few weeks when I''ve built my cardio endurance up some more...

I''m also a boredome eater... and I''m kind of an "all or nothing" personality so I''m either really strict with my eating to the point of being militant, or I''m just completely insane and eating everything in front of me... Have not really found a good way to deal with it yet...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results