shape
carat
color
clarity

DAILY WORKOUT JOURNAL 2/17/05

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone has a great day! I went to spinning this morning. It was my first spinning class in two years...felt tough but good. :) It's so fun with everyone doing it together, and the music, and all of the visualization exercises...I didn't really notice how hard I was working. I'm hoping these can help get me into triathlon shape by the summer.

Now I'm eating my morning oatmeal, and having some water. Today is BF's (I still feel funny saying Fiance) birthday, so we're meeting some friends after work for dinner and drinks. I'll do my best, currently my goal for that is to not have a hangover for when I meet my personal trainer tomorrow morning.
14.gif

ETA: I'm an idiot, it's the 16th...and they won't let me edit the subject!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Morning ladies!
I have to tell you it is so discouraging that I have been at this for a month now (eating right and exercising) and have not seen but a pound or two progress on the scale. Even worse, my friend is going to the cardio and weight classes with me and she keeps talking about how much looser her clothes keep getting. I am very happy for her, but feel like a total bitch when she says, "but can''t you tell a difference in the way your clothes fit?" Because I want to scream!!!

But anyhow, I am going to stay motivated and will be going to cardio tonight. It is a kickboxing bag class- great work out and GREAT stress relief. Maybe I can get out some of my feelings from the V-day fight
29.gif

BF just called and asked if I would like to do dinner tonight. He is a great cook (unfortunately for my battle with the scale), so I hope he keeps in mind my quest for a thinner bod when he plans his meal
26.gif

I am currently working on my 2d glass of water for the day- going to try to get 8. Good luck to everyone today!

madarski

Rough_Rock
I am doing 30minutes of interval cardio, and the bun and thigh pilates dvd today.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Ky6 - Not that I''m an expert, but one thing you said got me thinking. What kind of cardio are you doing? And what kind of weights classes?

I feel your pain/happiness on the BF cooking front...my BF is a fantastic cook, but he and butter are best friends.
7.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
BlueChica-

I take cardio kickboxing at a martial arts studio. Monday, Friday, and Saturday they have cardio kickboxing (no bags); Tuesday and Thursday is weights; and Wednesday is cardio kickboxing on the bag. As for the weights, forgive my ignorance, but they are the metal dumbells (?). We choose our own weight and can vary it based on which particular lift we are doing (a lot of weighted crunches, lunges, squats, and presses).

Now you have me curious...

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone looked into that 10K program? Where you try to walk 10000 steps a day? I guess I''m curious about that for the days that I can''t make it to the gym because I work at a museum and sometimes that requires evenings depending on our special events, but I don''t really want to wear the pedometer on my pants every day!

Today & yesterday I''ve just done my pilates. No time for the gym...I''m still at work, bleh.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah for me!!!! Went to gym for the first time in 3 years, did 45 minutes elliptical, feel great!
So the journey begins!!!!

Jenn

ps if anyone lives on LI, NY close to Babylon, I highly recommend Fitness Incentive. What a cool place to workout, I felt totally at home!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Did 30 minutes on the eliptical and what weights i could. I fell on my shoulder snowboarding last weekend and its not quite right yet... hopefully today! Also checked into a personal trainer. Appears they come with my gym membership, i just need to make appointments a week in advance... im *SO* doing it!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay... I''ve been kind of a slacker this week... mainly because I''ve been spending a lot of time with my chemistry textbook... I never took chemistry in high school and now, 13 years after high school, I''m taking Chem I and Human Anatomy at the same time (along with Spanish ~ I feel like I''m learning 3 new languages) and the Chem I has been kicking my a$$ so I''ve really been trying to get my head around it.

BUT, today I went to the gym after class and spent 25 minutes on the treadmill & 10 minutes on the bike. Man, I am so out of shape. I really wanted to go longer or turn up the intensity but I keep getting these weird cramps in my feet?!?! I''m not sure if it''s something that I can fix with different shoes or if my feet muscles (I know that sounds weird) are just not used to the activity or what? It was frustrating because I felt pretty good cardio-wise ~ I mean, I was tired and had my heart rate up, but I could have turned it up a notch or two if my feet weren''t killing me. And it''s not like a surface pain ~ like just being on them, but like a muscle cramp or something... Man, it is always something isn''t it???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results