shape
carat
color
clarity

Cutlet question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I am looking at the following diamond from a dealer in Alexandria, Northern Virginia. It is an Emerald cut GIA certified diamond with the following numbers

Carat: 1.71 ($8503)
Table: 61%
Depth: 63.3%
Clarity: SI1
Color: G
Flour: Faint
Cutlet: Small
8.35x6.11x3.87
LW Ratio = 1.37
Girdle: M-sTk
Polish: G
Symm: G

As per the AGA cut proportions, it falls under Ideal cut. But I have specifically requested for a Sarin to know the crown height. I will be getting that tomorrow. I know that SI1 clarity is probably too low for a EC. Since it was my first time looking a stone in person, I couldn''t see anything with my naked eye in the beginning, but then I was able to see a natural with a 10x loupe. Once I knew where to look for the inclusion, I was able to see the inclusion with my naked eye. I think it was a natural, beacause I saw light reflection (refracting?) from it.

How bad is having a small cutlet? Especially for EC stones... Overall what do you think of the stone?

si1_clarity.JPG

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
si is fine --it only matters with regard to 1) placement of inclusions and 2)color of ....great cut if crown is good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results