shape
carat
color
clarity

Cute story....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So last Friday I went to get my permanent veneers on. After 3 weeks of wearing the temps I was really excited but nervous as I had a horrible reation when the bonding was taken off. So I am there and things are going well. I wouldn''t let him give me much novacaine, just one shot. Didn''t want to risk the bad reaction I had the last time. I had 8 veneers to be put on. So the song comes on I had a bad Day... I laugh and say well this is appropriate for me, they all laughed. Then bamm the power went out!!!
39.gif
I had only gotten 3 of them put on at this point and my front teeth were exposed which is very painful. My dentist said I''m sure the power will go on soon. I sat in the waiting room in tears. Thinking man this sucks and how could this happpen to me. I sat there for 1 1/2 hours. Then the power came back on. I ran back to the room and said let''s roll. Then I said I need me an Ozzy Osbourne dose of the nitrous Oxide and he laughed and said he needed some too. Of course he was joking. He finished the job and asked me, Hey I am golfing with a fellow dentist on Sunday. Do you mind if I tell him your story without telling your name?? They have an ongoing thing where they one up each other with horror stories. I said go ahead this has got to top anything. He gave me a kiss and thanked me for being so understanding. He felt so bad for me. Guess what he just sent me, a huge gift basket. The card read, so you had a bad day... Thanks for being such a good patient. Is that cute or what???
3.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cute--and nice of the dentist to send you a gift! (But sorry you had to go through all this to get it!)

BTW, I was thinking of you on Saturday because I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment for Britesmile. I've been wanting to have my teeth whitened FOREVER and I never got around to it. Well, after reading all these dental stores on PS lately (not to mention the emergency root canal I had a few weeks ago) I decided to go ahead and have it done. I'm really pleased with the results (my teeth are whiter, but not TOO white, if you know what I mean) but the whole time I was lying there in the chair I kept thinking, "Oh lord, I hope I don't have any type of reaction to any of this stuff they're using!"

So, are you all done with your dental work now, or is there more to go?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jussssssssst when you thought it couldn''t get any worse...
32.gif

So glad to hear that ordeal is over with!!!! Talk about a nightmare. But the gift basket was a nice gesture.
4.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you got the whitening done, and it went well. I do have a little more work to be done but it''s minor. He wants me to have a break before he does anymore work, LOL.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Good grief what a nightmare Lisa! Just what you wanted was to be in the dental horror stories hall of fame!!! At least you got it done and it was nice of your dentist to send you the gift basket.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh you poor thing, but at least it has a happy ending! And it makes for a great story. What a sweet dentist to send you a gift basket. Mine just sends me the bill.
emwink.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 3:30:29 PM
Author: curlygirl
Oh you poor thing, but at least it has a happy ending! And it makes for a great story. What a sweet dentist to send you a gift basket. Mine just sends me the bill.
emwink.gif
Lol, yeah he''s a sweetie!!!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh, WHAT is the name of your dentist? I will SERIOUSLY fly there to see him, lol! That is really sweet of him to send you a "condolence" gift basket!!! I am still exploring my orthodontic options at 29, and there has been no mention made of what I can expect as a "thank you" gift for dealing with braces, wisdom teeth removal, and possible oragnathic surgery!
20.gif
I''m thinking I should get DIAMONDS!!!
9.gif
Glad to hear everything turned out ok, Kaleigh. I HATE the dentist and I do not envy you, ha ha!
35.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
awww! That''s awful...at least he was a dear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results