shape
carat
color
clarity

Cute Pet Stories!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread! NewEnglandLady, that is SO hysterically funny and CUTE that your doggie tows people to shore although they don''t need towing! Everyone else''s cute stories are adorable too!

My beagle, Daisy, is mostly just annoying these days. She''s very jealous of my baby niece getting all the attention from the household members instead of her, so she finds ways to get negative attention, pics of which I''m sure no one wants to see.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Musey! I am attaching a photo I snaped as he was trying to make his escape from the closet.
TLH- thank you for finally posting your guy!
NewEngland- You should never be embarassed by Byron, I think that is the cutest story ever and would not not stop laughing if he ever tried to rescue me

smalldarthv.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You know how little kids think that if they close their eyes and they can''t see you, that they''re invisible too?

Trooper does that. He thinks that if he puts his head under the duvet (with butt still sticking out) that he''s entirely invisible
20.gif

He looks so shocked when I scoop him up and put him away for the day.
11.gif

His other ploy is to walk up on my chest in the morning after the alarm goes off and "push" down trying to make himself as heavy as possible. Apparently he believes that he can make his 8lb. Silky Terrierness hold me down in bed through sheer will
2.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This is the cutest thread ever! I LOVE reading pet stories, and the pictures are just so adorable. I am still in love with Colby, musey, he''s such a sweetheart.

I only have kitties, but they are all SO naughty most of the time. My firstborn, Cleo, was super cuddly as a baby but now she wants nothing to do with anybody. She will let you pet her for a second or two, but then you better stop, or she will bite or scratch, even if she''s obviously enjoying it. When I had the stomach flu a couple weeks ago though, she knew I felt bad and she would freak out trying to get into the bathroom because she could hear me being sick and she just wanted to get to me. Whenever I''d lie down, she''d curl up on my tummy, and the heat from her rolly, fat little body would make me feel better. She is such a sweetie at times.

Our black kitty, Poofy, got spayed a couple weeks ago and she was really mopey after. I lay next to her on the floor and petted her for awhile, and I guess it made her feel better because she stood up reeeeal slow and then reached for me with her front paws, put them on my shoulders and kissed my face. It was so cute I almost cried cause I already felt so bad she was hurting.

The last kitty we call Alien, because she has some neurological issues that make her eyes constantly dialated, but it looks like the most vacant stare ever. She can''t see very well, either, so when you roll a toy towards her, she will swipe furiously at it - and totally miss it. She can see it enough to know it''s a toy and that it''s moving, but her depth perception is so off that she can''t find it with her paws. When she finally does get ahold of it, she will hold it between her paws like she has hands. It''s so funny. She can''t walk on our hardwood very well, either - when she gets happy to see us and wants petting, her paws slide all over the place and she falls down. It makes you feel bad but you can''t help but laugh, she doesn''t have a care in the world!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Monkey- your story reminded me of a cat story from my FI. He used to have a cat before we met. Its name was Yoda (yes, we, well he, really likes star wars) and apparently he took the cat to get fixed. All seemed ok. They got home and Yoda was a little out of it, but resting and acting normal. My FI said he went to the bathroom and when he came out, Yoda had gotten up and went to his water dish, but was apparently so out of it that his head fell in and he sort of passed out/was drowning in it. Not that a drowning cat is funny and Yoda was fine because FI saw him right away, but for some reason it cracks me up when I think of this cute little cats face falling right in the dish because he was so drugged. Kind of reminds me of that Deuce Bigalow movie.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:16:09 PM
Author: sba771
Monkey- your story reminded me of a cat story from my FI. He used to have a cat before we met. Its name was Yoda (yes, we, well he, really likes star wars) and apparently he took the cat to get fixed. All seemed ok. They got home and Yoda was a little out of it, but resting and acting normal. My FI said he went to the bathroom and when he came out, Yoda had gotten up and went to his water dish, but was apparently so out of it that his head fell in and he sort of passed out/was drowning in it. Not that a drowning cat is funny and Yoda was fine because FI saw him right away, but for some reason it cracks me up when I think of this cute little cats face falling right in the dish because he was so drugged. Kind of reminds me of that Deuce Bigalow movie.

Awww, poor kitty! I actually had a cat that did that sort thing, too - except she fell in the toilet, which was her favorite water dish at the time. She stopped drinking out of it after she fell in, but it made me feel so bad as I laughed, because it wasn''t her fault! Darn drugs!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I have two gerbils, Rory and Sebastian, and I was playing with Rory on the couch the other day. He kept trying to get up on the arm of the couch but I wouldn''t let him because I didn''t want him to jump off (silly suicide gerbils; they''ll jump off of anything). He eventually got so frustrated because I wouldn''t let him up on the arm that he jumped up on my chest, looked at me, and stamped his feet like a toddler. Lol. Adorable.

In his calmer moments, he sits up on his hind legs and stares at the tv whenever it makes a loud noise. Too cute. He normally never gets to see the tv, so he thinks it''s very interesting.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Anyone catch their dogs sleeping on their sides and apparently dreaming of chasing things? Two of my dogs will growl and "woof" quietly in their sleep while running in place with their legs like little cartoon dogs. It's SO funny. Also, the bigger one will make this sound that NO JOKE sounds like a fire engine is INSIDE your house. It's SOOOO loud and sounds exactly like when a fire truck is coming up behind you on the road. It scares the heck out of me when he does this while I'm sleeping. I jump out of bed freaking out over the noise, then completely crack up when I realize he's done that again. He truly is a weird weird dog, but such a sweet heart. Sometimes. Once I was eating Taco Bell and he wanted it. I wouldn't give him any, so he looked at me straight in the eye, then took his big giant St. Bernard looking head and knocked over the garbage can that was next to me. He then looked right at my face again, made a grunting noise and walked out of the room. Everyone who has ever met this dog says he has the most personality of any dog they've ever met. Here he is, trying to nap on the kitchen table, which he is no longer allowed to do since I moved into a new house.

He's also the same one who brought us the glasses:)

bdontablea.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 3:19:47 PM
Author: Kelli
Anyone catch their dogs sleeping on their sides and apparently dreaming of chasing things? Two of my dogs will growl and ''woof'' quietly in their sleep while running in place with their legs like little cartoon dogs. It''s SO funny. Also, the bigger one will make this sound that NO JOKE sounds like a fire engine is INSIDE your house. It''s SOOOO loud and sounds exactly like when a fire truck is coming up behind you on the road. It scares the heck out of me when he does this while I''m sleeping. I jump out of bed freaking out over the noise, then completely crack up when I realize he''s done that again. He truly is a weird weird dog, but such a sweet heart. Sometimes. Once I was eating Taco Bell and he wanted it. I wouldn''t give him any, so he looked at me straight in the eye, then took his big giant St. Bernard looking head and knocked over the garbage can that was next to me. He then looked right at my face again, made a grunting noise and walked out of the room. Everyone who has ever met this dog says he has the most personality of any dog they''ve ever met. Here he is, trying to nap on the kitchen table, which he is no longer allowed to do since I moved into a new house.

He''s also the same one who brought us the glasses:)

Kelli I think you''ve posted this pic before, because I remember laughing like crazy when I saw it then! It is SO cute and funny!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
I''m so diggin'' this thread!

This is Pongo... Pongo has been giving me "high fives" lately.

And the other night, I was laying cross ways on the bed whenhe came and laid by me. THREE times in about THREE minutes, he took his paw and rubbed my cheek with it!

''"he''s just a widdle cutie" ... ~Bob and Tom~

pongoandme1.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock

cutenessalert.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Don''t tell anybody. This is a pic of Lissey; mid-suckle.

cutenessalert2.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 4:39:30 PM
Author: Steel
Don''t tell anybody. This is a pic of Lissey; mid-suckle.

LOL awwww! That is just too freaking cute!

You know, I think a lot of kitties do this whether they are taken from their mama too soon or not. Because all three of my cats knead and suck on this sheep blanket we have, because it has little tufts. They will latch on and knead away, happy as a clam for about ten minutes or so, then they''re done. And all three were fairly grown before we got them, and eating solid food. It''s funny.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Binks does the same thing. Anything soft he''ll suckle and knead. I have a cashmere hoodie that he LOVES. I have it video''d somewhere.

binks kneading.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 4:42:05 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 2/12/2009 4:39:30 PM
Author: Steel
Don't tell anybody. This is a pic of Lissey; mid-suckle.

LOL awwww! That is just too freaking cute!

You know, I think a lot of kitties do this whether they are taken from their mama too soon or not. Because all three of my cats knead and suck on this sheep blanket we have, because it has little tufts. They will latch on and knead away, happy as a clam for about ten minutes or so, then they're done. And all three were fairly grown before we got them, and eating solid food. It's funny.
That is so funny. I never knew it was common. She is the only one of our 4 kittens/cats that has done it. So cute!

ETA: Thanks for posting HH....awh!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww, these stories are too cute for words and the pictures,
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
A couple of weeks ago my son built a fort.
The next morning I came downstairs, and this is where I found Muddy, our chocolate lab.

muddyfort.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the new additions! Everyone''s furbabies are ADORABLE! Great thread, musey!

stbfyffe

Shiny_Rock
I have 2 cats Trixie(girl) and Lucky(boy). Trixie could care less about anyone except for my 8 yr old stepson. Whenever he calls she comes right away. Lucky on the other hand is like an extension of me....when I am cooking in the kitchen he will come right by my feet and watch me, however when it comes time for the dishes he runs away!

And Lucky talks...ALOT, as a matter of fact he is talking right now lol! He is soooo sweet.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We rescued Frodo out of our backyard when he was 6 weeks old (along with his mom, who was too feral to be kept and we released her after she healed from her spay). It me 8 days to coax him close enough to me to grab him and take him inside. He was the cutest kitten and SO intrepid (which is why we named him Frodo) and he LOVED me, would ALWAYS cuddle me and stay by me. But as he's grown he's the most shy of our cats. He doesn't like strangers and is always hiding under the bed whenever anyone comes over. He's now 4 and it seems like in the last 6 months he's been more social and loving (he's always cuddled John and me, but only on his terms, and never outside the bedroom. In the living room he's always on high alert or aloof).

Anyway... just a couple of days ago I was sitting up on the couch and he JOINED ME, walked right up to me and started making little eep noises and let me pet him and then he started kneading me and just stayed looking up at me like he used to when me was a kitten, like I'm his sun moon and stars. And then he let me give him a kiss (something he NEVER does) and he left to go visit John. I had tears in my eyes.

He's been visiting us on the couch since. I think it's because I've been home. Our cats really hate it when Mommy goes to work. When the alarm goes off in the mornings they all three pile on me. So I have to set the alarm early to allow for them to "Mommy sit" for a little while, before I get up. It's going to be hard going back to work on Wednesday. I hope Frodo stays social. I've missed him.

Frodo%20Dodo%20Kitty.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...Gypsy, that is so adorable about sweet Frodo coming out of his shell - I really hope he stays that way too. Sometimes I think they really can sense when we''re not feeling well, so I think it also his way of saying "I really want you to feel better soon mommy"

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
For several months, a stray we nicknamed Garfield would hang around our house. My kitty pearls was the little princess that was all cozy and taken care of inside, while he was this poor stray that was always outside. They would get up on the window ledges and "talk" to each other ALL of the time. Anytime we opened the door he would dart in. He has this little meow that seriously sounds like he is saying "hello." Luckily, I finally found a home for him.. But here is a hilarious picture of the "secret lovers."

garfieldlovespearls.jpg

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
My cat Audrey threw up on my pillow this morning. Luckily she waited until I had gotten up to do it.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took pictures of some jewelry last week and Binks decided to join me. He inspected all of the pieces before I took pictures.

Here he is inspecting a loose green tourmaline

binks tourm.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here he is looking everything over...

Binks jewelry.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
DOG decided to join us and was very entertained by the fire and sparkles thrown off my jewelry and the chrome on my camera.

DOG jewelry.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 3:19:47 PM
Author: Kelli
Anyone catch their dogs sleeping on their sides and apparently dreaming of chasing things? Two of my dogs will growl and ''woof'' quietly in their sleep while running in place with their legs like little cartoon dogs. It''s SO funny. Also, the bigger one will make this sound that NO JOKE sounds like a fire engine is INSIDE your house. It''s SOOOO loud and sounds exactly like when a fire truck is coming up behind you on the road. It scares the heck out of me when he does this while I''m sleeping. I jump out of bed freaking out over the noise, then completely crack up when I realize he''s done that again. He truly is a weird weird dog, but such a sweet heart. Sometimes. Once I was eating Taco Bell and he wanted it. I wouldn''t give him any, so he looked at me straight in the eye, then took his big giant St. Bernard looking head and knocked over the garbage can that was next to me. He then looked right at my face again, made a grunting noise and walked out of the room. Everyone who has ever met this dog says he has the most personality of any dog they''ve ever met. Here he is, trying to nap on the kitchen table, which he is no longer allowed to do since I moved into a new house.

He''s also the same one who brought us the glasses:)
LOL @ this pic!
9.gif
How did he get up on that table and lie down like this?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of my two yellow Labs. I caught them sleeping next to each other. Nunu is 2 (left) and Chico will be 5 in April (right).

There''s never a dull moment in the house with two rambunctious Labs.
37.gif

IMG_3004_1_1_1.JPG

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, you''ll probably think this is totally gross but I have an odd sense of humor when it comes to my pets and thought this was hilarious
20.gif

One of my Cerebellar Hypoplasia cats Shinju is still young and have trouble with potty. Mainly she pees while she''s asleep
14.gif
Obviously she doesn''t sleep in the bed with us, but last weekend I was feeling moody and wanted to sleep with all my baby girls. In the middle of the night I woke up feeling... ODD
6.gif
Yes you guessed it, she wet the bed but not only that, she peed so close to me that most of it actually ended up right under me. And the funny thing is, half asleep, I thought for a split second if *I* had wet the bed! My DH has been making fun of me for my "accident" ever since
9.gif

I know I know, totally gross, but there''s just something oddly comforting about baby poo/pee stories for me
23.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 3:56:34 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
For several months, a stray we nicknamed Garfield would hang around our house. My kitty pearls was the little princess that was all cozy and taken care of inside, while he was this poor stray that was always outside. They would get up on the window ledges and ''talk'' to each other ALL of the time. Anytime we opened the door he would dart in. He has this little meow that seriously sounds like he is saying ''hello.'' Luckily, I finally found a home for him.. But here is a hilarious picture of the ''secret lovers.''

This is such a CUTE picture - I remember you posting about Garfield, and I''m relieved to know you found a good home for him - he looks like such a handsome boy, I don''t blame Pearls a bit
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results