shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ace

Rough_Rock
I am new to Pricescope and like the information I have learned. But can someone help me? I am looking for a stone (Princess shape) 2.0 carat. Most people talk about the color and clarity, but from what I have learned the cut (meaning depth, table, polish, sym.) is most important. Is this correct and why have I not seen this on Pricescope? Most people talk about color and clarity. I am no expert just looking for help?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bit confused why you don''t think Pricescopers focus on cut since that is talked about here probably more than anything else. What sort of help were you looking for?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lot of time the person is allready looking at well cut stones then the discussion turns to clarity and color but there are just as many if not more threads discussing cut so I too am a little confused.
Just today iv talked bout diamond cut atleast 10 times.

Color me confusicated :}
17.gif

ace

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the article. I am sorry i was so confusing. I guess what I was trying to ask, if I should sacrifice clarity or color to buy a better cut? To keep my price down

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2005 5:03:27 PM
Author: ace
Thank you for the article. I am sorry i was so confusing. I guess what I was trying to ask, if I should sacrifice clarity or color to buy a better cut? To keep my price down

Unless you want clarity for clarity sake then eyeclean is all the clarity you need.
In a princess this is usualy vs2 and sometimes si1 diamonds.

As for color I dont like princess cuts much (personal preferrence) so havent paid much attention to them but the H colored ones iv seen looked fine to me.
Asschers which show color more than princess cuts im fine with H and sometimes I color so I think a well cut princess I color could be ok color wise for me also.

G is usualy a safe choice for most people in any cut.

A good starting point would be g/h color vs2 best cut you can find.
That usual means a ags0 or a hand selected stone by a vendor that knows princess cuts.
Id start with the pricescope usual vendors:

ags0

www.winkjones.com

www.diamondexpert.com

www.goodoldgold.com

high performance hand selected:
www.whiteflash.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.niceice.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results