shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I was looking at the cut advisor https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp and noticed that my GIA certificate doesn''t have any information on the Crown or Pavilion. Is it important to know this information?

How do you determine if your round diamond is ideal cut?

Thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
For general, and specific background, the tutorial here could help.

Supposedly, an idealscope can practically help, once the diamond is set. Haven''t tried mine yet; if you do, let us know how it works!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
snlee,

In order to get those angles you need an OGI megascope or Sarin analysis done on your stone. But since, your stone is already mounted, that won''t be possible unless you take it out of the setting. You can always buy an idealscope, or go to an appraiser to see if he/she won''t show you the image. If there is no significant leakage, then it could be deemed that the diamond is ideal because it returns the most amount of light to you and everybody else''s eye.

However, now that you have the stone, and you love it.. why would you want to fuss about it?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2004 1:54:27 PM
Author:snlee
I was looking at the cut advisor http://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp and noticed that my GIA certificate doesn''t have any information on the Crown or Pavilion. Is it important to know this information?
It must be important, since GIA is preparing to grade cut using those numbers (and some more) as well...

If you can investigate light return in person not by numbers, it''s alwaus better - but for that you would either need to know exactly what to look for (or line up 50 diamonds! to compare).
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results